Superfrog is the classic side-scrolling, 2D platformer developed by Team17. Now, 20 years on from the regal amphibian’s first appearance, Superfrog is making his return, lovingly re-imagined in gorgeous HD graphics for PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®Vita! Superfrog HD will be available to download on the 31 st July via the European Sony Entertainment Network Store.
Originally released on the Amiga in 1993 Superfrog received much critical acclaim:
- 93% - “With Team17’s impeccable track record I was expecting Superfrog to be well above par but it’s far more than that – it’s breathtakingly good. Everything about the game, from the graphics and sound through the control to gameplay, has been honed and tweaked to gleaming perfection”, The One Amiga
- 93% - “Superfrog is quite simply Team17’s greatest release to date. It’s full to the brim with great graphics, sound, playability and addiction. You’d have to be completely potty or hopping mad to ignore it”, Amiga Computing
- 89% - “Superfrog is a very polished product, possibly the best that Team17 have ever produced”, CU Amiga
- 89% - “What can you say about Team17? Everything they touch these days seems to turn into gold and Superfrog is no exception. This is without a doubt the best all-out platform game on the Amiga to date”, Amiga Action
- Enhanced HD graphics
- 24 new levels based on the original designs
- 24 original levels that can be unlocked via the Fruit Machine
- 6 differently themed worlds
- Level Editor
- Frog Trials – Endless Runner mode
- Cross-Controller Support – Play on your PS3™ system using the PS Vita as a controller to gain an advantage as secrets are displayed on the PS Vita’s screen. Why not try going through one of the portals on PS3™ and watch as Superfrog is transported to a hidden area you can then access on your PS Vita!
- Cross-Platform Continuation Play - Carry on your PS3™ save game progress on PS Vita and vice versa
- Cross-Buy. Buy Superfrog HD for PlayStation®3 and get the PlayStation®Vita version completely FREE! Or vice versa.
- Trophies and Leaderboards
Don’t forget that Superfrog HD is a Cross-Buy title, meaning if you purchase the game for PlayStation®3, you’ll get the PlayStation®Vita version completely FREE!
Review codes are available upon request, please use the contact details listed below.
For more information on Superfrog HD please visit facebook.com/SuperfrogTeam17
For more information on Team17 please visit facebook.com/Team17
About Superfrog HD:
Superfrog HD. Developed by Team17 Digital Ltd. © 2013. Team17 and Superfrog™ are trademarks or registered trademarks of Team17 Digital Limited. All other trademarks, copyrights and logos are property of their respective owners. Developed and published by Team17 Digital Limited.
About Team17 Digital Ltd:
Team17 Digital Limited (Team 17) celebrated its 20th anniversary in 2010 and headquartered in West Yorkshire, England, it is a leading independent developer and digital publishing company. Founded in 1990, the company develops and publishes interactive software worldwide for digital game systems, personal computers, wireless devices and the Internet. More information about Team17 products can be found at www.team17.com.
For more information, please contact:
Bethany Aston at Team17 Digital Ltd