TECMO KOEI EUROPE[i] announced today that re-imagined, second video game adaptation of renowned action manga ‘Fist of the North Star’, entitled ‘Fist of the North Star: Ken’s Rage 2’, will be available at retailers across Europe this Friday, February the 8 th 2013 for the PlayStation® 3 computer entertainment system and the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. A download-only Wii U™ version will be available a day earlier, on the 7 th of February.
‘Fist of the North Star: Ken’s Rage 2’ offers players a variety of modes and new features including Legend Mode, a plethora of playable characters, dynamic new moves, original storylines and an online co-op and versus play mode.
1. Legend mode, follows the storyline of the entire manga, starting with a re-imagined version of ‘Raoh’ and covering ‘Celestial Emperor’ and ‘Land of Shura’. This faithful adaptation ensures that this mode can be enjoyed by both fans of the manga and new comers to Kenshiro’s post-apocalyptic world. Different characters will be controlled for each episode while ‘boss’ encounters will feature entire famous scenes from the manga, recreated in intricate detail.
2. Over 20 playable characters will be available, including Falco, Shachi, Shew and Juza.
3. New moves. The destructive power of the techniques of Hokuto Shinken and Nanto Seiken meet the intense action of the Warriors series to produce a thrilling experience. In addition to the signature moves of the first title, new actions such as ‘sprint’ and ‘dodge’ have been added to the move sets.
4. Dream Mode introduces new, original storylines to the Fist of the North Star Universe while bridging the gaps between parts of the main story, often focusing on some of the series’ minor characters.
5. Online Co-Op and Versus play. For the first time, Dream Mode will be playable in co-op or versus play via the internet.
In addition, a variety of character costumes and stages will be available as downloadable content.
To celebrate the release of ‘Fist of the North Star: Ken’s Rage 2’, Tecmo Koei released a comprehensive 4 minute long action packed launch trailer, showcasing the wide variety of modes and characters and exciting battles of this title.
[i] ABOUT TECMO KOEI EUROPE LTD.
TECMO KOEI EUROPE LTD. is a publisher of interactive entertainment software for current generation consoles, handhelds and digital download content based in Letchworth, Hertfordshire, UK. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of TECMO KOEI HOLDINGS CO., LTD., headquartered in Yokohama, Japan. TECMO is best known for the Dead or Alive® and Ninja Gaiden®series. KOEI is best known for its Dynasty Warriors® and Samurai Warriors® franchises. On April 1, 2009, TECMO KOEI HOLDINGS CO., LTD was established as a result of the TECMO, LTD. and KOEI Co., Ltd. merger. More information about TECMO KOEI EUROPE LTD and its products can be found at www.tecmokoei-europe.com.