PRESS RELEASE – FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
TITLE: SUBTITLE: REDMOND, WA – FEB. 22, 2013 – The Bridge, a black-and-white indie puzzler in the style of M. C. Escher, will be released on Steam of the PC on February 22, 2013. The price of The Bridge is $14.99 and pre-orders are available at a 20% discount. The Bridge has been in development for nearly 3 years, and has received international attention after receiving nominations in contests such as the IGF, PAX 10, Indie Game Challenge, and IndieCade. Below is a complete list of accolades for The Bridge:
"Winner - PAX 10" - Penny Arcade Expo 2012
"Winner - Achievement in Gameplay" - Indie Game Challenge 2012
"Winner - Achievement in Art Direction" - Indie Game Challenge 2012
"Winner - Student Showcase" - Independent Games Festival 2012
"Winner - Best Art" - Independent Propeller Awards 2012
"Winner- Grand Prize" - Seattle Independent Game Competition 2012
"Winner - Grand Prize" - Seattle iFest 2012
"Winner - Grand Prize" - Redmond Digital Art Festival 2012
"Nominee - Best Art" - IndieCade 2011
"Nominee - Grand Prize" - Independent Propeller Awards 2012
"Nominee - Grand Prize" - Develop Indie Showcase 2012
"Honorable Mention - Innovation" - Dream.Build.Play 2011
"Honorable Mention - Art" - Independent Games Festival 2013
The Bridge is a 2D logic puzzle game that forces the player to reevaluate their preconceptions of physics and perspective. It is Isaac Newton meets M. C. Escher. Manipulate gravity to redefine the ceiling as the floor while venturing through impossible architectures. Explore increasingly difficult worlds, each uniquely detailed and designed to leave the player with a pronounced sense of intellectual accomplishment. The Bridge exemplifies games as an art form, with beautifully hand-drawn art in the style of a black-and-white lithograph.
Features of The Bridge include:
- 48 thought-provoking puzzles, each unique from the rest, all requiring an innovative solution.
- Gravity manipulations, gravitational vortexes, parallel dimensions, and many more mind-bending concepts in a world where the laws of physics are not what they seem.
- M. C. Escher-esque worlds with impossible architecture set in the style of beautifully hand-drawn black-and-white lithographic art.
- An alternate version of the game unlocked after the main storyline has been completed, including challenging alternate versions of each puzzle and an alternate ending.
- A hint system to guide you in the right direction if you get stumped, and a time-backtracking system to alleviate any fears of making a mistake.
The Bridge website:
The Bridge Press Kit:
About developers Ty Taylor and Mario Castañeda:
The Bridge was created by Ty Taylor and Mario Castañeda. It was started as a project requirement for Ty Taylor's Master of Science degree in Computer Science at Case Western Reserve University, and shortly after the game was started, Mario Castañeda took the role as the sole artist for his Art minor capstone project at Case Western. The production of The Bridge has continued even after Ty and Mario have graduated to turn the school project into a professional-quality indie game.