For immediate release
FUTURE GAME ON
THE EUROPEAN CONFERENCE FOR VIDEO GAME INNOVATION
PARIS Exhibition Park
Paris, France - August 30th 2010. Future Game On will be held on September 9 and 10, 2010, at the Parc des Expositions de Paris - Porte de Versailles, hall 7. Executive producer and Project Director on Mass Effect, Casey Hudson will reveal how BioWare navigated the challenge to create an (even more successful) sequel to Mass Effect. "FGO is the new European annual gathering for developers, creators and game and apps researchers in every field, ludicrous and serious. It represents the opportunity to understand new trends and find innovations that will bring new successful productions." explains Patrick COCQUET - General Delegate of CAP DIGITAL.
All conferences and keynotes will be given in simultaneous translation from French to English and English to French: the occasion for all to participate in the best wished conditions!
Register today! Go to the official Website www.futuregameon.com !
Cap Digital reveals today the complete program of Future Game On.
« For the first edition, Future Game On presents a high quality program including lectures and scientific papers. Major actors for innovation in the game industry will attend Future Game On: NVIDIA, Autodesk, Lexis numerique, BioWare, etc.» says Sophie Revillard, FGO Conference Chair.
- <*>10.00am : Jason Della Rocca (Founder - Perimeter Partners): "The Innovation Dilemma: Surviving on the Bleeding Edge"*> <*>2.00pm : Scott Easley (Associate Director, USC Gamepipe Laboratory, Viterbi School of engineering): "New Devices, New Gameplay"*>
- <*>10.00am : Casey Hudson (Executive Producer, Project Director on Mass Effect, BioWare) : "Tough Act to Follow: Consistency versus Innovation in Designing the Sequel to Mass Effect"*> <*>2.30pm: Jos Stam (Senior research scientist, Autodesk, INC): "How to make Computational Fluid Dynamics fun for the masses"*>
- <*>10h45 : "The learner's monitoring in a serious game", Pradeepa Thomas Benjamin (LIP6/Université Paris VI)*> <*>11h30 : "Game-design driven production methods", Thomas Demachy (Indeego Games)*> <*>12h15 : "Definition and Measurement of Difficulty in Single Player's Game: a quantitative approach", Stéphane Natkin (CEDRIC / CNAM)*> <*>14h45 : " Resource workflow management in a game production», Yann Richard (Eden games)*> <*>15h15 : "Asset management in a multi-platform game" Hubert Sarret (Play All)*> <*>16h00 : "From Alternate reality games to Total Fiction", Eric Viennot (Lexis numérique)*> <*>16h45 :Play the game of innovation: visions and reality. Debate conducted by Thomas Demachy (Indeego Games)*>
Participants are cordially invited to a cocktail at the end of the first day of the conference.
- <*>10h45 : "Creation, management and exploitation of Digital Doubles" Cédric Guiard (Agence de Doublures Numériques)*> <*>11H30 : " The new stakes in Artificial Intelligence», Axel Buendia (Spirops)*> <*>12h15 : "Innovative audio technologies for creative gameplay using sound" Amaury La Burthe (AudioGaming)*> <*>15h15 : "A Fast Deferred Shading Algorithm for Real-Time Indirect Illumination", Cyril SOLER (INRIA Rhônes Alpes)*> <*>15h45: "Using Biometrics to better understand the players' gameplay experience", Pejman Mirza-Babaei (Interact Lab, Informatics Department, Sussex University)*> <*>16h30: " Modern Real-Time Rendering Techniques " Louis Bavoil (NVIDIA)*> <*>17h15: " Uncompromising stereoscopic rendering on playstation3" Alexis Arragon (Darkworks)*>
Future Game On 2010 is organized by the business clusters Cap Digital and Imaginove, in collaboration with Capital Games (Paris and Ile-de-France Video Game association) in cooperation with ACM SIGGRAPH and Paris ACM SIGGRAPH.
*Register now for Future Game On at
About Cap Digital
Cap Digital is the French business cluster for digital content and services in Paris and the Ile de France region. We are a non-profit organization. Our 600 members are primarily innovative SMEs but also count major universities, higher education establishments, research labs, and corporations.
Our members represent the digital industry's most active players in digital content. Nine vibrant member communities make a vital contribution to the strategy and direction of the cluster: Image, Sound and Interactivity, Video Games, Knowledge Engineering, Culture, Press, and Media, e-Learning and e-Training, Collaborative Technology&Intelligence, Mobile Lifestyle&Services, Robotics and Communicating Objects, and Digital Design.
Cap Digital provides members with essential information, networks, and resources. These include ongoing competitive intelligence, training, partnerships, funding solutions, and project reviews. Partnerships with other leading European clusters, at a structural and project level, are an essential element of Cap Digital's strategic activities.
For more information: www.capdigital.com
PR Contact : Olivia Dasté - firstname.lastname@example.org
Imaginove's key objective is to develop services, in Rhône-Alpes region, for business, research centers and higher education in the creation, production and distribution of content in the sectors of video games, cinema, audiovisual and multimedia.
The association's ambition is to be counted among the key "Image Clusters" in Europe by asserting its positioning:
- Encouraging convergence between the different sub-groups of Moving Images (Transmedia)
- Develop a cluster that is 100% dedicated to the industry of media content
- Cooperate with other internationally renowned clusters: Stuttgart, Birmingham, Montréal, Shanghai, etc…
- Anticipate the media of tomorrow: digitalisation, nomadism, new markets, etc…
Concretely, Imaginove proposes quality services to its members based on: R&D, International Development, Employment and Training, Opportunity Identification/ Media Laboratory, Financing.
+33 (0)6 24 782 460