EL SEGUNDO, Calif. – March 5, 2013 – Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. today announced that Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate is now available at retail stores in North America and South America exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS™system. Initially set 25 years after the events of its predecessor, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate reveals the story of Gabriel's descendants as they battle their own destiny in each era only to discover their true, shocking fate.
Trevor Belmont, a knight of the Brotherhood of Light sets out to avenge the death of his mother at the hands of his own father, who has now returned from years of exile to take up residence in a mysterious castle. What was once Gabriel Belmont now stands a powerful vampire called Dracula. Dracula has declared war upon the Brotherhood and thus the scene is set for a cataclysmic showdown between Father and Son.
The game's orchestral score by award winning composer Oscar Araujo is also showcased, adding to the suitably gothic atmosphere in a tale that explores the bonds of family and inescapable destiny.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate includes the following key features:
• Discover the history of the Belmont bloodline – Players go through the game, learning more about the history of the Belmonts, with the game exploring the blood feud between the Belmont clan and Dracula.
• Play multiple characters – Choose from several playable characters, each with unique abilities and skills across different eras.
• Share new abilities through character lineage – Gamers pass on their characters' newfound abilities in each era and discover the true destiny of the Belmonts.
• Battle massive bosses – Players experience challenging boss fights against huge enemies in full 3D, climb, traverse and overcome these monstrous adversaries, and use secondary weapons and magical abilities to take down these foes.
• Features unrivaled Nintendo 3DS™ Visuals – High resolution and detailed 3D polygon graphics with side scrolling areas and full 3D sections combined.
• Utilize Focus & Magic – Players use magic and kill enemies to gain experience and earn new combos and abilities using the travel book.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate is available today, March 5, 2013, for the Nintendo 3DS™ system at major retail stores in North America and South America, and is rated "M" for Mature by the ESRB and is priced at $39.99.
For assets including an all new launch trailer, please visit: http://www.konami.com/downloads/
Nintendo trademarks and copyrights are properties of Nintendo.
About Konami Group
Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. is a leading developer, publisher and manufacturer of electronic entertainment properties. Konami's titles include the popular franchises METAL GEAR SOLID, Silent Hill, DanceDanceRevolution and Castlevania, among other top sellers. The latest information about Konami can be found on the Web at www.konami.com. KONAMI CORPORATION is a publicly traded company based in Tokyo, Japan with subsidiary offices, Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. in Tokyo, Japan, Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. in the United States and Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH in Frankfurt, Germany. KONAMI CORPORATION is traded in the United States on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol KNM. Details of the products published by Konami can be found at http://www.konami.com.