Claranet SOHO director, Jason Keen, is a recent convert to fibre broadband and as an avid gamer he says;“On a personal note, before switching to FTTC, I would be constantly banging my head against the wall when playing online. The lag would often cause my game to stall, resulting in my untimely death! Since moving to fibre, I can happily play online, even when my wife and son are using the Internet. It makes sense that if I think FTTC is this good, that Claranet SOHO offers the service to other gamers across the UK”.
The technology making this all possible is Fibre To The Cabinet and involves installing fibre optic cables up to local street side cabinets, with the rest of the journey, usually within 300 metres of the premises, made up of copper wire. Because the majority of the journey is made up of fibre optic cables, the loss of service is minimal, as opposed to copper where the signal quality degrades over distance. This ensures permanent high speeds, which is great news for online gamers.
At the moment, coverage is limited to about 10-15% of the country but new exchanges and cabinets are being added daily, meaning that FTTC is becoming a reality for gamers everywhere.
Claranet SOHO is a premium ISP with a secure, business grade network. Operating since January 2010 the company has built up a fantastic network for their business customers and in March 2011 opened up their services to the UK gaming market. Traditionally ISPs have been reluctant to offer gamer packages, as gamers are often heavy internet users, playing at peak times and slowing networks down, but Claranet SOHO believe their FTTC service could revolutionise the online gaming experience for users across the UK.
As a special offer, Claranet SOHO is offering our Optimal 2Mb FTTC package for£36 per month on a 24 month contract*. This offer includes a free install, all the hardware you need to get you started and your new Fibre broadband connection.
· Up to 40Mb/s downstream speeds (with a minimum speed of 8Mb/s at peak times**)
· 2Mb/s upstream speeds (with an option to increase to 10Mb/s for an extra£5 per month◊)
· Unlimited downloads¹
· Free Zyxel NBG4604 Wireless N Gigabit router
· Free active NTE
· Free data extension kit (that can be installed up to 30 metres from the master socket)
· 12 or 24 month contract options
· Connect all of your devices to the internet at once, with little loss in performance
· Create wireless home entertainment networks
· Leave other online gamers in the dust with super fast ping rates
· Download the latest movies in high definition
· Connect to offsite servers quickly and securely
· No need for ADSL microfilters
· Faster, more stable service than ADSL
· Stream HD content to different devices around the house...at the same time!
- <*>This package would normally cost you over£50 per month.*>
¹Fair usage policy applies.
◊10Mb/s upstream speeds are not available on all lines. Please ask us to check at the time of ordering.
All prices are quoted inclusive of VAT.
Sponge Worldwide Ltd
mob: +44 (0)7849 199000