** NEW OPENING DATES: Now open 7-11 April 2010, Birmingham NEC **
Unprecedented demand for tickets to The Gadget Show Live 2010 has led to the show’s extension to Wednesday 7th April. The five day event, which has doubled in size since last year, has already sold out on Friday and weekend, with more than 53,000 tickets purchased - leaving limited availability on the 7th and 8th April at Birmingham’s NEC.
Visitors can watch the TV show’s presenters perform a live version of the TV programme and attend a range of special theatres and features to gain insight into top gadgets of the past, present and future. More than 180 exhibitors will be showing their latest creations at The Gadget Show Live 2010, including Panasonic, LG, Sanyo, PC World and Nintendo.
Matt Hodgins, Event Director for the show at Upper Street Events said:“We’ve never heard of a tenancy being extended in this fashion before, it’s a real indication of the nation’s enthusiasm for the latest technology.
“This will be the biggest ever consumer electronics show in the UK, with the world’s leading manufacturers, top tech brains and a huge range of exhilarating and intriguing experiences all under one roof. But we do encourage people to buy tickets soon as they’re selling out fast,” said Hodgins.
Not only will visitors be amongst the first to check out and buy the latest top gadgets and see their favourite TV show on stage, they can also experience special features, including:
• NEW Future Tech Zone providing a glimpse into technologies and creations of the future, including leading robotics and augmented reality
• NEW Outdoor Zone showcasing the best outdoor gadgets
• NEW Gadget Show Build Museum where you can see the best builds from the TV show
• NEW Photographic Workshop Theatre offering leading advice and presentations from the UK’s leading manufacturers
• HUGE Game Zone will show the latest consoles, games and top international players
• The Test Track is BIGGER where you can try out Electric Bikes, Segways and EasyGliders
• The Gadget Hall of Fame will feature your favourite tech from the last five decades
The Gadget Show Live 2010 is based on the popular Channel 5 programme and is a shared production with North One Television, Five and Upper Street Events. More than 65,000 visitors are now expected over the five days.
- ends -
Notes to editors ( www.gadgetshowlive.net):
Based on Five’s primetime technology programme, The Gadget Show Live is aimed at an audience of affluent men and women who are keen to see, try and buy the latest must have technology. The launch event in 2009 had 30,646 visitors and 154 exhibitors who promoted the latest in computing, photography mobile communications, gaming, home entertainment and in-car technology. The Gadget Show Live 2010 takes place at NEC Birmingham from 7 to 11 April 2010.
• For press passes on the press and trade morning of 7th April, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Tickets available from www.gadgetshowlive.net.
Promotional discounted tickets (code VH22) available until 31/03/10 cost:
Adults -£11.95, Children under 12 -£5.95, Children under 5– FREE
(Plus 95p booking fee– please note, discount only applies to adult tickets)
Normal ticket prices booked in advance:
Adults -£12.95, Children under 12 -£5.95, Children under 5– FREE (plus 95p booking fee)
Opening hours are:
Wednesday 7 April: 1pm - 5.30pm
Thursday 8 to Sunday 11 April: 9:30am - 5:30pm
For press passes, further press information, interviews and photography please contact:
The Gadget Show Live PR Consultant
07775 513 541