This Release's Tags
Casual games, Games Convention Developers Conference, Games conference, Games industry, Gamification, Video Games, gabe zichermann
NEW YORK CITY - August 31, 2011
The Gamification Summit has finalized its agenda and speaker program for the September 15-16 conference occurring in New York City, offering keynotes, featured talks, design intensives, panels, and workshops that allow conference attendees to learn, network and go hands on with this dynamic and exciting subject. GSummit brings together leading experts from advertising, healthcare, education, government, media, e-commerce, startups and academia to share knowledge and improve engagement with consumers, employees and ourselves. Though the workshop has sold out, limited tickets remain to the two day event, and the full list of 45 expert speakers can be found here.
“Gamification will transform every organization, from the world’s biggest brands to tech startups and governments,” said Gabe Zichermann, founder of Gamification Co. and chair of the Gamification Summit. “Teaching kids to read, rehabilitating people with injuries, improving lifestyles, securing our borders - all this is happening today with the power of gamification, and GSummit is the best place to learn from the experts.”
Conference highlights include:
• Making Retail Fun Again: Lessons in Engagement from GiltGroupe - Alexandra Wilkis Wilson, co-founder of GiltGroupe will share how gamification can transform the retail experience by building customer loyalty that isn’t based on giveaways.
• Big Media & Real Life: Gamifying the World for Fun & Engagement - Susan Bonds of 42 Entertainment will give insight on how online user experiences with gamification can translate into real world, offline consumer engagement.
• Bringing Games to the Enterprise: How Microsoft Ribbon Hero Makes Productivity Engaging - Sarah Faulkner of Microsoft on how to engage users in a B2B setting.
• The Games Jihadis Play: Extremism, Recruitment and Gamification - Alix Levine, Director of Research at Cronus Global will details how gamification is used by extremists as a powerful tool and the importance of ethics in this growing field.
• Loyalty Goes Virtual: Driving Behavior with Gamified Rewards & Location - Geoff Lewis of TopGuest will showcase how brands are being effected by the transformation of traditional loyalty programs via location-based consumer behavior.
• Gamifying the Classroom: An Inspirational Teacher’s Story of Making Education Fun - Educator Ananth Pai on how gamification can transform classrooms and cater to the various learning styles of children.
Key Panels on Health Care, Rewards, Education and more: Featuring speakers from Google, Recyclebank, Aetna, Playboy, Samsung and more.
Gamification Summit attendees also receive access to the Design Intensive talks lead by key design and strategy experts in gamification. These hard-hitting rapid-fire sessions deliver an unprecedented depth of design inspiration and ideas on day 2 of the conference. The Design Intensive talks compliment the first-ever Gamification Certification Program. The program and its workshops are currently sold out, but enthusiasts who were unable to secure a spot can place their names on a waitlist. For more information on all GSummit sessions, including keynotes, featured talks, special presentations, panels, and Design Intensive sessions, please visit http://www.gamificationsummit.com/agenda/.</p>
The Gamification Summit is the world’s only event focused on leveraging the art and science of video games to enhance industries like advertising and marketing, education, the enterprise, and wellness. Professionals with a wide range of expertise come together for two days of lectures, demos, panels, and workshops to network and share best practices on how to engage consumers, employees and ourselves. To learn more, visit http://gsummit.com.
About Gamification Co
Gamification Co is the only transmedia company exclusively dedicated to Engagement Science and Gamification. The group publishes the Gamification Blog and related books, organizes the Gamification Summit & Workshops and provides consulting expertise to facilitate this burgeoning industry. Gamification is the use of game thinking and game mechanics to solve problems and engage audiences, and its power is radically reshaping industries from marketing to health care, improving lives, solving problems and generating unprecedented equity. Gartner Group forecasts that Gamification will be used by 70% of the Global 2000 by 2015, spending $1Bn on related products, services and technologies according to M2 Research. For more information on Gamification Co and how to leverage the power of games in real life and business, visit http://Gamification.Co
Andrew Karl, Senior Account Executive, TriplePoint PR
+1 (203) 314 6255