As the Indie Games industry continues to advance the biggest industry in entertainment, a new emerging producer brings a unique twist on online multi-player shooters. From games developer Chris Rogers ( www.portchris.co.uk), a fresh out of the box experience available on desktop computers comes TheHunt ( www.thehunt.co.uk). A unique hunting game based on a war between two tribes settling in a rainforest, trying to defend/fight for very desirable territory.
This third person online multiplayer game is heavily based on battles to win over the land using basic weapons familiar to tribes. e.g. Bows, arrows and knives. Forcing the player to adapt to more primitive tactical solutions so that your hunt is successful in the wild.
You must over turn the opposition by taking control of the Castle, proving your dominance and keeping the enemy away. Thus dominating the land, which gives you the vantage point. Prepare to be immersed in a very artistic and atmospheric environment and battle for control!
TheHunt's look and mechanic takes the addictive nature of an online shooter in the wild, featuring:
- Tall grass, perfectly adapted to hide and sneak up on the enemy.
- Huts and Carts that provide good instruments for defense and shield.
- An abandoned castle that gives great vantage points for top-down shooting.
- Wild animals that will attack you if you trespass on their land.
- A randomly generated upgrade system that encourages individual differences in fighting styles.
- Forest Areas that provide tense fighting situations.
- A scoreboard that provokes competition amongst teams.
- A very cartoony shaded look that gives off a mystical atmosphere.
- Fully working rag-doll system for epic deaths.