LAS VEGAS, NV– January 18, 2011 – Jet Set Games™ today announced that“ Chapter 2” the eagerly anticipated update to Highborn™, is now available as an in-app purchase for the iPhone and iPad. Highborn Chapter 2 adds eight new missions, multiple new features, and plenty of off-the-wall stories and dialogue. The new content can be purchased in Highborn (iPhone and iPod Touch) for $.99 and in Highborn HD (iPad) for $1.99.
Highborn Chapter 2 adds several new enemies and allies (including some who decided they looked better in blue than red), and multiple new structures, such as factories and teleporters. Also in Chapter 2, players will finally learn the answers to several intriguing, unanswered questions from Chapter 1 like:
- How wild was the afterparty?
- Where does Enzo’s alliance really lie?
- Where did Floyd the Arch-Lich disappear to?
- Is it actually possible to train a dragon?
In addition to continuing the wacky storyline, the Highborn Chapter 2 update adds multiple new features to the game that are available to all Highborn players, regardless if they purchase the new content:
- Improved 3D unit artwork and models;
- Units now display their attack range during movement;
- Monoliths now display which spell they control and a cool-down timer;
- End-of-mission statistic screen with information on turns taken, enemies killed, number of structures captured and lost, and more;
- SHAKE TO UNDO! This highly requested feature has been added to the single-player campaign, allowing players to undo their entire previous turn.
“Our fans have been asking for more Highborn escapades ever since we released the original game,” said Rade Stojsavljevic, president of Jet Set Games.“We know we’ve kept people waiting a while, but we believe the time we’ve taken has been worth it to deliver an incredibly robust package of downloadable content for our players. Not only does Chapter 2 add a bunch of new missions, but it’s packed with new features as well. It’s practically a full game by itself.”
To celebrate the release of Highborn Chapter 2, Jet Set Games has reduced the price of the original game. Through the end of January, Highborn is available on the iTunes App Store for only $.99, and Highborn HD only $2.99.
In Highborn, players are treated to two strategy games that combine to offer an intelligent, tactical experience without the frenetic play of a traditional RTS. Players move forces around an overhead map to secure spells and combat support, then dive into 3D combat to deploy those advantages against an unsuspecting enemy. All the fun and fighting is set against an irreverent tale, filled with wacky heroes, witty dialogue and wild assumptions.
· A Light Touch – Highborn is a casual mobile strategy game that offers a satisfying experience for players, no matter if they spend minutes or hours in the game.
· Time for a New Strategy – Highborn features a unique blend of strategic movement and 3D combat that caters to a variety of gameplay styles and offers a great deal of replayability.
· Multiplay at Your Pace – Turn-based gaming enables players to think, then act, in round-based play via OpenFeint’s 30-million-person community. Players can have multiple games going at once, and can trash-talk their opponents in player-to-player chat.
· Many Styles of Play – Players unlock hero characters as they progress through the game, giving them access to different abilities and play styles, along with different strategies to use against their opponents.
· Achieve Greatness – More than 20 single- and multiplayer achievements to unlock, including judicious use of turns, using units as bait, and making it through an entire mission without capturing support structures.
· Highborn on iTunes:
· Highborn Lite for iPhone and iPod Touch: http://itunes.com/app/HighbornLite
· Highborn HD Lite for iPad: http://itunes.com/app/HighbornHDLite
· Highborn for iPhone and iPod Touch http://itunes.com/app/Highborn
· Highborn HD for iPad http://itunes.com/app/HighbornHD
· Highborn on the Chrome Web Store: http://bit.ly/dX6iLf
· Product website: http://jetsetgames.net/games/highborn
· Facebook Page: http://www.Facebook.com/JetSetGames
· Twitter Feed: http://www.Twitter.com/JetSetGames
· Flickr Assets: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jetsetgames
· YouTube Videos: http://www.YouTube.com/JetSetGames
· Delicious Feed of Background Information: http://delicious.com/jetsetgames
About Jet Set Games, Inc.
Jet Set Games™, Inc. was founded in 2008 by creators of the original Command&Conquer games, and is based out of Las Vegas, NV. The company develops products for mobile devices and console platforms with a focus on elegant design and simple control, including the critically and commercially successful turn-based strategy game, Highborn, available for Apple’s iOS and Google’s Chrome web browser, and the upcoming action/puzzler Conspiracy for PlayStation®Home. More information on the company and products can be found at JetSetGames.net.
Jet Set Games and Highborn are trademarks or registered trademarks of Jet Set Games, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All rights reserved. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.