26 July 2009 Konami has once again selected Blitz Games (a division of leading developer Blitz Games Studios) to bring its skill and experience to the original singing party game franchise: Karaoke Revolution. The new game in the series will be fully equipped with 50 new master recordings to sing along to on Xbox 360, PS3 and Nintendo Wii.
“Karaoke Revolution is special for a number of reasons,” says Project Director Mark Hardisty.“Not only was it the original console karaoke game but it now also features some great new customisation options for both characters and venues. Players can create avatars of themselves using our facial and body morphing technology and have total control over the way the stage look. We also have the original music videos that can be projected onto the customised stages as you sing along.”
Everyone will have the chance to sing along to their favourite tracks, with 50 completely new contemporary and classic hits to try out from licensed master recordings.
Become a singing sensation with a whole range of great new features:
• Players can choose between single player Career Mode and a newly expanded Party Mode, where you can set up parties for up to 16 players
• PS3 and Xbox 360 gamers will also have the option to play against up to eight other players or sing a duet with a friend online.
• There will be an option to create playlists in order to sing songs in succession; the player can select up to five songs to perform to or choose to play songs at random.
• All venues offer limitless customisation. Choose from a large selection of stages, props and lighting options to create the venue of your dreams.
• Players can create a virtual representation of themselves, including facial and body morphing,
• Xbox 360 and PS3 gamers can see themselves on the venue screens using the Xbox LIVE Camera or the Playstation® Eye.
• Playstation®3 and Xbox 360® versions have the option to download more master tracks.
Look out for Karaoke Revolution® on Nintendo Wii™, Playstation®3 and Xbox 360® in Q4,2009.
For more information on Blitz Games or Karaoke Revolution®, please contact:
Debbie Henderson, Assistant PR Manager, Blitz Games Studios
T: +44 (0) 1926 880000
About Blitz Games:
Dedicated to creating engaging, mass-market, boxed console titles for all ages, Blitz Games are experts in developing games for some of the world's highest profile brands. Blitz Games is a division of Blitz Games Studios, which is based in Leamington Spa. Founded by industry veterans Andrew and Philip Oliver, it has more than 200 staff and six divisions: mature titles (Volatile Games), Serious Games (TruSim), family titles (Blitz Games), in-house technology (BlitzTech), downloadable games (Blitz Arcade) and education (Blitz Academy). For more see www.BlitzGamesStudios.com
Konami is a leading developer, publisher and manufacturer of electronic entertainment properties. Konami's titles include the popular franchises Metal Gear Solid®, Silent Hill® and Castlevania®, among other top sellers. The latest information about Konami can be found on the Web at www.konami.com. Konami Corporation is a publicly traded company based in Tokyo, Japan with subsidiary offices, Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. in the United States and Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH in Frankfurt, Germany. Konami Corporation, the parent company of Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. is traded in the United States on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol KNM. Details of the products published by Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. can be found at www.konami.com/gs.