Mind over Monsters! A new expansion is now available for Sword of the Stars: The Pit, the popular role-playing game from Kerberos Productions. The MindGames DLC expands the fan-favorite roguelike by unlocking the eerie powers of the mind for all playable characters. In addition to 28 new psionic powers, MindGames offers two new playable characters, ten new levels, new monsters, new weapons and items, and new game mechanics which will enhance the already-addictive game experience for old players and newcomers alike.
One of the innovative new features of the MindGames expansion is the new player-controlled Start system, which will allow players to “bank” items and experience as they play. Using their banked XP and items, players will be able to choose where the game will re-start if they suffer permadeath in the current session, and what equipment they will have in their new run of the game. For the most hardcore players, Kerberos has also added two new play Modes, “Infinite Mode” and “Seriously? Mode”, for players who find that “Insane Mode” just isn’t insane enough.
Incorporating even more of the popular Sword of the Stars universe, MindGames offers a rich science fiction backdrop and sharp modern gameplay with a playful art style and accessible gameplay that are suitable to a wide audience. The Pit: MindGames is now available on Steam , Greenman Gaming , GOG.com , GamersGate , and from fine digital retailers everywhere!
“The Pit--with its random elements and permadeath--is justified in its boast of replayability…” – PC Gamer
“Has that same feeling of ‘okay, just one more run’ that both Binding of Isaac or FTL: Faster Than Light have…” – Destructoid
“Sword of the Stars: The Pit is an absolute must-play for gamers that want a new spin on an old genre.” - Indie Game HQ
· 2 New playable characters; the Human Psion and the Tarka Ranger – the first playable alien character
· Innovative new start system – You decide what level of The Pit to re-start on, and the equipment that will give you an early edge
· “Bank” XP and spare items from one session and start the next run of the game on a deeper level, using your “banked” equipment
· 10 new floors of ancient, evil science add to the challenge
· New room types, including wide, multi-level biospheres
· New traps, new weapons, new items, and new recipes
· New game mechanics, including 28 Psionic Powers
· New Psionic enemies to fight, drawn from the Sword of the Stars universe
· 2 New Play Modes; “Infinite” and “Seriously?” modes
Web page: http://sots-thepit.com/
ABOUT KERBEROS PRODUCTIONS
Kerberos Productions is a gathering of experienced video game developers based in Vancouver, BC, Canada. Before forming their own company, the team was involved in the development of both Homeworld: Cataclysm for Sierra and Treasure Planet: Battle at Procyon for Disney Interactive before developing their own IP. Kerberos has released two games and four expansions to the 4X Sword of the Stars series, as well as the indie Fort Zombie, and is pleased as punch to be expanding the SotS universe into new game genres. Stay tuned – we have much more planned. For additional information, please visit www.kerberos-productions.com