NEW YORK– December 3 2009– Today, Paradox Interactive announces that Heir to the Throne, the third expansion for Europa Universalis III is now available for pre-order via www.gamersgate.com. The game will be available on December 15th on all major digital distribution outlets.
The historical strategy game now features new content and features across the board including:
• Brand new Casus Belli system, where wars have specific goals from start to finish.
• Monarchs now belong to dynasties, with new influence on the diplomatic model.
• Increased Holy Roman Empire and Papacy options for more powerful ruling
• New diplomatic options for Merchant Republics.
• Enhanced "Cultural Tradition" and recruitment of specific advisor types.
The release trailer is available for viewing at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9ofiDf54SE
For more information please visit: http://www.europauniversalis3.com
Since 1999, Paradox Interactive has been a leading global developer and publisher of PC-based strategy games. World-renowned for its strategy catalog, the company holds a particularly strong presence in the United States and Europe. Its steadily-growing portfolio includes originally developed titles such as the critically acclaimed Europa Universalis and the Hearts of Iron franchises, as well as publishing titles such as the Penumbra series, Supreme Ruler 2020, Elven Legacy, Mount&Blade and Majesty 2– The Fantasy Kingdom Sim. For more information, please visit www.paradoxplaza.com and follow @pdxinteractive on twitter.