Utrecht, May 12 - Last week hundreds of tweets were sent out by our followers in order to participate in the first iPad give-away. While this opportunity ends today at 24:00 CET, the Festival of Games is getting prepared to give away their 2nd iPad.
This week an iPad is up for grabs for everyone who orders a conference pass. With the purchase of this ticket you will also obtain a virtual lottery ticket. Buying more passes will give you an equal amount of lottery tickets.
While President Barack Obama described the iPad, the Xbox and PlayStation as devices that turn information into a distraction, the Festival of Games couldn’t agree less. Festival of Games’ Chairman Seth van der Meer:“We would like to give developers a head start in developing for this amazing device. Apple just announced that the iPad will be available in a few selected European countries, but we want the whole European game developer community to have access to this device as soon as possible.”
At t he Festival of Games this year, there will be many speakers talking about iPhone and iPad development. Alan Yu from NGMOCO:), Danny Hoffman from Rough Cookie and David Perry from GAIKAI who recently showed World of Warcraft running on an iPad through his new cloud based game platform.
More important speakers during the Festival of Games are Professor Toru Iwatani (creator of Pacman, Masaya Matsuura (Creator of the First music game), Adam Boyes (Former Director of Production at Capcom) and many more..
Winning the iPad is easy, so what are you waiting for: Buy that Conference pass!
Content rules and regulations
1. Everyone is eligible to participate in the iPad contest
2. To enter the contest you will need to order a Conference pass through the web shop
3. An order is a legally binding obligation to purchase a ticket
4. Regular tickets are eligible. Student tickets are excluded from this contest.
5. If you buy more than one ticket, every ticket counts towards your chance of winning.
6. The winner will be drawn from the pool of all orders done between Wednesday May 12th 12.00 hours (CET)
7. Only orders placed after Wednesday 12th May 2010 11.59 AM are valid.
8. Only orders placed before Wednesday 19th May 2010 11.59 AM are valid.
9. Every order is being confirmed with an e-mail to the address you provided during the ordering process. If, due to technical failures, omissions or other circumstances orders are not being processed, the NLGD organization cannot be held accountable.
10. The will be no correspondence about the winner or the selection process.
11. The iPad will only be awarded after the payment of the invoice is received.
12. Contest rules and regulations can also be found at www.festivalofgames.org/ipad
13. In case of doubt of uncertainties, the decision of the NLGD Foundation is binding and non-arguable.
14. The NLGD organization has the right to cancel or amend this contest at any time.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL OF GAMES
The Festival of Games is a combination of several game-related events, aimed at developers, publishers and investors in and around the gaming industry. The conference will go alongside an international matchmaking event, an exposition, a career fair and a section where up and coming talents can show their skills.
The program for this year has been created in cooperation with Control, the magazine for the games industry in the Netherlands. Publisher Matthijs Dierckx-Kuijper and Editor-in-chief Eric Bartelson are responsible for the impressive list of speakers.
The Festival of Games takes place on June 3 and 4, at the Jaarbeurs in Utrecht. The Festival of Games is organized by the NLGD Foundation and is made possible by the ministry of Economic Affairs, the province of Utrecht and the city of Utrecht.
See www.festivalofgames.org for details.
Note to the Editor:
For more information please contact:
Mr. Fedor van Herpen
Tel: +31 (0)6 - 33 22 33 60