OTTAWA, CANADA– September 17th 2009– Playbrains, an independent game development studio specializing in the digital download arena, are proud to announce that the PC version of Madballs in…Babo:Invasion (MiBI) has released today via the Steam digital download service priced $9.99 in the US and Canada,£6.99 in the UK,€8.99 in Western Europe and€6.99 in Eastern Europe.
The spiritual successor to the massively popular freeware top-down Shooter BaboViolent2, Madballs in Babo:Invasion is an arena based 3D shooter offering players a satisfying and immersive experience in both single-player and multiplayer, including‘Invasion Mode’ where players are able to design their own combat maps almost instantaneously by placing a combination of map tiles to create a never-before-seen map before gameplay starts. Truly, no two games are ever the same.
Featuring the recently re-released Madballs™ characters, Oculus Orbus™ and Horn Head™, from the popular 1980’s toys best remembered for their outrageously bad looks and graphically colourful names, Madballs in...Babo: Invasion is a gameplay rich, feature laden‘casually hardcore’ action shooter which is also that rarest of gaming commodities; a genuinely unique title.
Some of the outstanding review scores and quotes lavished upon the recent Xbox LIVE Arcade release:
“...an impressive title for the XBLA system.”
Team Xbox.com– 8/10
“Surprisingly slick with excellent online play.”
UK Official Xbox Magazine– 8/10
“...Madballs in...Babo: Invasion is both a pleasing nostalgia trip and a surprisingly deep arcade shooter.”
“...Madballs fully deserves a place among the finer titles on XBLA.”
EDGE Magazine– 7/10
• Single Player– Hours of repeatable gameplay through 10 epic levels
• 2-4 Player Online Co-op– challenge individual campaign levels with your friends or play the whole campaign in‘Enduro’ mode
• 16 Player Multiplayer– 21 maps to match all game sizes
•‘Invasion’ Mode– the signature mode of the game, players take turns placing map tiles to create a unique multiplayer map prior to each match
• Classes– 10 character classes (each with 2 special abilities) over two warring factions, with each faction having 5 unique weapons each with two distinct firing modes
• Madballs Characters– Oculus Orbus™ and Horn Head™ from the infamous 80’s toy craze as in-game characters
• 5 Archetypes– Assault, Heavy, Runner, Flyer, Support
• Deployables– active (rocket turrets) or passive (healing towers) can be placed in Invasion mode
• Unlocks and Secrets– 50 unlocks and 50 Secrets to find during campaign gameplay
• Action– emphasis on fast-paced, visceral action that is easy to pick and play, yet offers a real strategic challenge for hardcore gamers
- ENDS -
For North American press enquiries please contact:
Michael Meyers Public Relations
PH: (925) 551-8080
Michael Meyers Public Relations
PH: (925) 551-3232
For press enquiries Europe and other territories please contact:
Tel; 0203 176 0139
Mob; 07867 514554
Playbrains is an independent game studio that works with leading entertainment property owners to bring PC and console games to market. Playbrains specializes in digitally-distributed fun, and has three titles currently in development, including "Madballs in…Babo:Invasion", a fast-paced, 3-D shooter game set for Summer 2009 release for Xbox Live Arcade and PC that promises mayhem-filled action. For more information, visit www.playbrains.com.
Madballs, Oculus Orbus and Horn Head are trademarks of American Greetings Properties.
Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies.