Season Pass Program to Enable Pre-Purchase of Select Content at Reduced Price Point
AGOURA HILLS, Calif., Feb. 2, 2012: THQ Inc. (NASDAQ: THQI) and the Ultimate Fighting Championship ® organization today announced extensive downloadable content plans and a Season Pass Program for UFC ® Undisputed ™ 3 , the forthcoming installment in the critically acclaimed mixed martial arts (MMA) videogame franchise based on the UFC ®. The content offering, currently scheduled to include a wide variety of new fighters, historic UFC fights, career boosts and early access to unlockable content, will be available via Xbox LIVE ® Marketplace for the Xbox 360 ® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation ®Network for the PlayStation ®3 computer entertainment system. UFC Undisputed 3 is currently scheduled for release on February 14, 2012 for Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3 system.
“With a large number of new playable fighters, access to historic fights and options for advanced player progression, UFC Undisputed 3 marks our largest offering of downloadable content to date for the franchise,” said Danny Bilson, Executive Vice President, Core Games, THQ. “In addition, the Season Pass Program offers a great value proposition for those looking to enhance their experience with a variety of great content.”
“UFC Undisputed 3 is offering an unbelievable downloadable content offering to our fans around the world,” UFC President Dana White said. “They will be able to play as many of UFC’s rising stars, as well as have the opportunity to relive a number of amazing fights in UFC history.”
The UFC Undisputed 3 downloadable content program is currently scheduled to include the following items for purchase:
- Fight of the Night Pack
- Featuring UFC fighters renowned for having the most exciting fights of the night – Joe Lauzon, Rory MacDonald, Charles Oliveira and Sam Stout, along with former UFC fighter Anthony Johnson – the Fight of the Night Pack will be available for a suggested purchase cost of 400 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360 or $4.99 USD via PlayStation Network in March 2012.
- International Pack
- Featuring UFC fighters “The Korean Zombie” Jung Chan-Sung, England’s John Hathaway, Germany’s Pascal Kraus, Australia’s Kyle Noke and Italian Alessio Sakara, the International Pack will be available for a suggested purchase cost of 400 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360 or $4.99 USD via PlayStation Network in April 2012.
Ultimate Fights Collections
- Ultimate Submissions
- The Ultimate Submissions collection, currently scheduled for
release at launch and available free of charge on both videogame
platforms, will include:
- UFC 109: Mike Swick vs. Paulo Thiago
- UFC 115: Mirko Cro Cop vs. Pat Barry
- UFC 116: Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin
- UFC Fight Night 19: Nate Diaz vs. Melvin Guillard
- UFC Fight Night 21: Kenny Florian vs. Takanori Gomi
- The Ultimate Submissions collection, currently scheduled for release at launch and available free of charge on both videogame platforms, will include:
- Ultimate Rivals
- The Ultimate Rivals collection, currently scheduled for release
at launch and available free of charge on both videogame platforms,
- UFC 92: Quinton “Rampage” Jackson vs. Wanderlei Silva
- UFC 111: Georges St-Pierre vs. Dan Hardy
- UFC 114: Quinton “Rampage” Jackson vs. Rashad Evans
- UFC 117: Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen
- The Ultimate Fighter ® Season 9: Diego Sanchez vs. Clay Guida
- The Ultimate Rivals collection, currently scheduled for release at launch and available free of charge on both videogame platforms, will include:
- Ultimate Upsets
- The Ultimate Upsets collection, currently scheduled for release
in March 2012 at a suggested purchase cost of 400
Microsoft Points for Xbox 360 or $4.99 USD via
PlayStation Network, will include:
- UFC 92: Frank Mir vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
- UFC 109: Chael Sonnen vs. Nate Marquardt
- UFC 112: Frankie Edgar vs. BJ Penn
- UFC 116: Chris Leben vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama
- UFC 121: Cain Velasquez vs. Brock Lesnar
- The Ultimate Upsets collection, currently scheduled for release in March 2012 at a suggested purchase cost of 400 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360 or $4.99 USD via PlayStation Network, will include:
- Mixed Bag
- The Mixed Bag collection, currently scheduled for release
in April 2012 at a suggested purchase cost of 400
Microsoft Points for Xbox 360 or $4.99 USD via
PlayStation Network, will include:
- Best of PRIDE ® – Final Conflict 2003: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Mirko Cro Cop
- Submissions – UFC 125: Takanori Gomi vs. Clay Guida
- Upsets – UFC 110: Joe Stevenson vs. George Sotiropoulos
- Rivals – UFC 124: Stefan Struve vs. Sean McCorkle
- Knockouts – UFC 120: Dan Hardy vs. Carlos Condit
- The Mixed Bag collection, currently scheduled for release in April 2012 at a suggested purchase cost of 400 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360 or $4.99 USD via PlayStation Network, will include:
- UFC Heavyweight Championship contender Alistair Overeem will be available at launch for consumers who participated in the limited time promotional offer on facebook.com/UFCUndisputed, the official Facebook page for UFC Undisputed 3. In addition, In addition, “The Reem” will be available for a suggested purchase cost of 80 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360 or $0.99 USD via PlayStation Network in March 2012.
- Enabling players to acquire additional points for created fighter development and save an estimated 8-10 hours of gameplay, the Create-a-Fighter Boost will be available at launch for a suggested purchase cost of 240 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360 or $2.99 USD via PlayStation Network.
- The All Unlockables offering will be available at launch for a suggested purchase cost of 160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360 or $1.99 USD via PlayStation Network.
THQ and the UFC organization also announced today the ability to pre-purchase select downloadable content at a reduced price point through the UFC Undisputed 3 Season Pass Program. For a one-time purchase cost of 1360 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360 or $16.99 USD via PlayStation Network, consumers will receive the following items:
- Fighter Packs – Fight of the Night Pack and International Pack
- Ultimate Fights Packs – Ultimate Upsets and Mixed Bag
- UFC Heavyweight Championship contender Alistair Overeem
- All Unlockables
In addition, consumers who pre-order UFC Undisputed 3 from shopTHQ for either videogame platform will receive the game’s Season Pass free of charge, as well as free standard shipping inthe United States or Canada.
About UFC Undisputed 3
UFC Undisputed 3 will take players inside the virtual Octagon with focus on intense toe-to-toe combat, impressive visual presentation and significantly increased accessibility, including the debut of PRIDE ® Mode, two new weight classes and an impressive playable roster of more than 150 UFC fighters. PRIDE Mode will enable players to fight for the first time in the renowned Japanese MMA organization and include official commentators Bas Rutten and Stephen Quadros, authentic environments and notorious MMA rules, including the ability to execute soccer-style kicks, head stomps and ground knees to the head. Finishing an opponent will be more important than ever through devastating new moves, responsive striking controls, refined visual presentation and the introduction of a brand new, graphics-based submission system. In addition, players will now enter the Octagon with a choice between traditional and simplified gameplay control options, enabling them, regardless of skill level, to experience the intensity of UFC and nuances of MMA combat while executing simple standing strikes or more complex ground and transition mechanics.
Players will also experience the excitement of a live UFC event through significant visual improvements, including the introduction of much-anticipated fighter entrances, new camera positions, improved facial animations and a gritty, high contrast appearance. They will enter into battle with an unparalleled choice of more than 150 playable UFC fighters, including talent from the newly added featherweight and bantamweight divisions. Rounding out the virtual UFC experience with a revamped online experience, as well as a variety of new and returning gameplay modes, UFC Undisputed 3 lets players have their fights – their way – to deliver the most intense, competitive and engaging experience to date for the franchise.
UFC Undisputed 3 is currently in development for Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3 system, with a scheduled release date of February 14, 2012. For more information on UFC Undisputed 3, please visit www.ufcundisputed.com, facebook.com/UFCUndisputed and twitter.com/UFC_Undisputed.
About Ultimate Fighting Championship ®
Owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC, and headquartered in Las Vegas, Nev., UFC ® is the world’s premier MMA organization and produces over 12 UFC live Pay-Per-View events annually around the globe. In 2012, FOX will broadcast four fights annually. In spring 2012, The Ultimate Fighter ® , UFC’s signature weekly reality TV show, debuts on FX. UFC content is also distributed commercially to bars and restaurants through Joe Hand Promotions in the U.S. Globally, UFC programming is broadcast in over 149 countries and territories, reaching a half a billion homes worldwide, in 20 different languages.
UFC ® also boasts a powerful presence online, with UFC.com attracting over seven million unique visitors per month, while also possessing one of the most powerful social media followings in all of professional sports. To date, UFC has over six million fans on Facebook and over 400,000 followers on Twitter. In addition, UFC President Dana White is one of the most accessible and most followed executives in sports with more than 1.7 million followers on Twitter. On January 22, 2011, UFC continued to set trends in social media, becoming the first major sports league to stream live, broadcast quality action on Facebook.
Ancillary businesses include best-selling DVDs, a magazine, the best-selling UFC “Undisputed” videogame franchise distributed by THQ, UFC GYM ®, UFC Fight Club affinity program, UFC Fan Expo ® festivals, branded apparel, trading cards, and articulated action figures.
About THQ Inc.
THQ Inc. (NASDAQ: THQI) is a leading worldwide developer and publisher of interactive entertainment software. The company develops its products for all popular game systems, personal computers, wireless devices and the Internet. Headquartered in Los Angeles County, California, THQ sells product through its global network of offices located throughout North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. More information about THQ and its products may be found at www.thq.com. THQ and the THQ logo are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of THQ Inc.
Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, and all logos are either registered trademarks or trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies in the U.S. and/or other countries.
“PlayStation” is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
Ultimate Fighting Championship ® , Ultimate Fighting ® , UFC ® , The Ultimate Fighter ® , Submission ® , As Real As It Gets ® , Zuffa ® , The Octagon ™ and the eight-sided competition mat and cage design are registered trademarks, registered service marks, trademarks, trade dress and/or service marks owned exclusively by Zuffa, LLC and licensed to its affiliated entities and other licensees inthe United States and other jurisdictions. PRIDE®, PRIDE FC™, PRIDE FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIPS® and BUSHIDO® are trademarks of Pride FC Worldwide Holdings, LLCregistered in the United States and other countries. All other marks referenced herein may be the property of Zuffa, LLC, its affiliates or other respective owners. All other marks referenced herein may be the property of Zuffa, LLC, its affiliates or other respective owners.
All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
THQ Forward-Looking Statements: The statements contained in this press release that are not historical facts may be “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements are based on current expectations, estimates and projections about the business of THQ Inc. and its subsidiaries (collectively referred to as “THQ”), including, but not limited to, expectations and projections related to the release of UFC Undisputed 3 and its downloadable content packs and are based upon management’s current beliefs and certain assumptions made by management. Such forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements, including, but not limited to, business, competitive, economic, legal, political and technological factors affecting our industry, operations, markets, products or pricing. Readers should carefully review the risk factors and the information that could materially affect THQ’s financial results, described in other documents that THQ files from time to time with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including its Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal period ended March 31, 2011 and subsequent Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q, and particularly the discussion of trends and risk factors set forth therein. Unless otherwise required by law, THQ disclaims any obligation to update its view on any such risks or uncertainties or to revise or publicly release the results of any revision to these forward-looking statements. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date of this press release.