GOTLAND, SWEDEN – December 15, 2011 – ThreeGates today unveiled The Nexus, a key component of Aethereus, its forthcoming co-op multiplayer online action Role-Playing Game (RPG). The Nexus serves as the home city-state for players and will be the site where expeditions begin, as well as arena battles. All players will be able to customize their nexus with statues that immortalize their accomplishments making the game highly customizable and personalized.
“The Nexus is an important hub for all activities in the game, from getting quests, to trading and selling items and entering into PvP combat,” said Don Geyer, CEO of ThreeGates. “The ability to customize your personal city-state really makes the game your own and when other players come over they’ll see your accomplishments or individual creative style.”
The statue maker game feature allows players to experience a new level of customization within their own personalized City-State. Players can make statues from a variety of character and animal molds and can increase their library of molds by capturing new beasts through expeditions and quests. The statue maker is an extension of the crafting system which means it contains a variety of materials including metals, stones and even exclusive specialty materials. The statue placing and animation systems allow players to create a variety of poses and even create action scene dioramas. The system also allows players to make exact copies of their character including armor and weapons, or even create copies of friends’ characters when they visit.
Players can challenge other players to PvP arena battles in head to head mode. The victor receives a mold of the losing player’s head to build and display a statue in their arena courtyard. The date and name of the vanquished enemy are displayed on the head statue for all to see.
A new video showing off the Statue Maker is available here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHKYa5qIwgU
Join forces in online multiplayer cooperative expeditions as the Inventor, Astrographer, Officer or Animist and venture into the uncharted wilderness of Aethereus seeking fame, glory and untold riches. Invite your friends to your own customized Nexus city-state where they can buy, trade or build unique items only available in your specific area.
• Decorate your city-state with statues in the likeness of you or your friend’s characters or the wild beasts of your arena.
• Challenge your friends to PvP or Co-op combat in your uniquely designed town Combat Arena.
• Partake in bold expeditions to capture extraordinary beasts that you can use to populate your Arena.
• Design and create a variety of arena combat scenarios using your library of beasts, traps and contraptions that will dazzle your friends, amaze the crowd and make your arena one of the sought after combat meeting grounds.
• Embark on a variety of procedurally generated expeditions with your friends discovering new lands and situations to overcome.
• Design and build new gear, weapons and inventions to solve the many challenges that await you in the world of Aethereus.
• Crafting and Materials system allows limitless customization
• Expedition system creates infinite replayability
• Physics-based combat system including traps, set-up weapons and interaction with environmental objects
• Four unique playable classes - warrior, animist, astrographer, inventor - play online multiplayer cooperative expeditions and venture into uncharted wilderness seeking fame, glory and untold riches
ThreeGates was formed in late 2010 by a group of people who all have years of experience in the game industry. The team has worked in the games field; as game designers, graphic artists, programmers, event producers, marketers and educators, in other constellations and on other projects, but always with the same drive and passion. Now they’ve teamed up with a common goal: to make great games. ThreeGates’ strengths are a tight-knit team, the ability to move fast, willingness to work hard and a drive for excellence. For more information, please visit: www.threegates.se
# # #