August 13th, 2013 – Following on the heels of their first highly successful crowd-sourced game, The Pit, Kerberos Productions is pleased to officially announce our next title, Sword of the Stars: Ground Pounders! Inspired by classic wargames such as Panzer General, and steeped in the lore of the Sword of the Stars universe, Ground Pounders offers a new generation of gamers an updated taste of turn-based warfare!
Ground Pounders lets players control an army from one of three factions, comprised of several dozen of types of units, lead them across a variety of worlds, increase their experience levels and abilities over three campaigns, and use them to unlock special action cards that can be used to add unique effects to their single-player or cross platform multi-player battles!
Players can get a taste of Ground Pounders now by trying the Alpha demo for PC. Ground Pounders is the second independent title to be published by Kerberos and will be the first to use Kickstarter as a way to connect with fans of both the SotS universe of games and strategy wargames in general. With the support of players, Kerberos seeks to take Ground Pounders from the Alpha stage on PC to final release across multiple platforms in time for Christmas.
Please email contact@kerberos-productions for further information or to request a review copy.
- Control one of 3 armies - Human, Tarka, and Hivers
- 80+ units covering land, sea, and air
- Battle across alien worlds on exotic battlefields, including airless moons, lava plains, and meteor blasted wastelands
- Seize orbital superiority and call down bombardments on your foes
- Build airfields, fortify areas, and repair or destroy bridges
- Improve your unit's experience and abilities over 3 campaigns
- Unlock and collect combat cards for each race.
- Build unique decks and even tune them for specific battles
- Dozens of scenarios to play in skirmish mode or cross-platform multiplayer
- Scenario and unit editors will allow players to create and trade battles
- SotSdex filled with lore details on famous units, personalities, battles and weapon systems
Demo – Hosted by GamersHell.com
ABOUT KERBEROS PRODUCTIONS
Kerberos Productions is a gathering of experienced video game developers based in Vancouver, BC, Canada. Before forming their own company, the team was involved in the development of both Homeworld: Cataclysm for Sierra and Treasure Planet: Battle at Procyon for Disney Interactive before developing their own IP. Kerberos has released two games and four expansions to the 4X Sword of the Stars series, as well as the indie-Roguelike hit, The Pit and its expansion, MindGames. For additional information, please visit www.kerberos-productions.com