Grenoble, France, January 29, 2013 – It’s finally here. Ageod ( www.ageod.com) is proud to bring its newest release to computer screens worldwide. Birth of Rome is the ultimate turn-based strategy game set in the early days of Roman’s quest for domination. It comes with five huge scenarios from the 3rd Samnite War in 298 and 291 BC to the long and arduous First Punic War that raged from 264 to 241 BC.
The game uses the AGE engine and is a full standalone release, based on the Alea Jacta Est gameplay mechanics. It is a true simulation where players are challenged to create armies and fleets, organize and maneuver them, sustain and reinforce them. All the time taking into account military, economic, political and diplomatic parameters.
“ We are excited about this new release”, said Philippe Malacher co-founder of Ageod. “ It’s a very interesting period of history, with lots of interest worldwide. We keep trying to come up with original games set in periods that players love and Birth of Rome is a perfect example of this”.
Birth of Rome features five scenarios and features a particular emphasis on fleets and sea power, as they are vital to ensure control of the seas and maritime supply. As a full standalone release, Birth of Rome does not require Alea Jacta Est.
- Ancient Command System (based on Alea Jacta Est), allowing for a good representation of historical army command in the Roman era.
- Quick and simple Construction of Units, allowing players to choose and purchase their forces as they wish (or can).
- Decisions features, playable on the map, like wild cards assets
- Diversified set of historical events, allowing multiple events and options, hereby enhancing flexibility and re-playability.
- Different updates and other rules, in particular combat system adapted to the Ancient warfare.
- Map: all of the Roman Empire and neighboring lands, with over 2800 different regions and seas, a lot of room for maneuver.
- Over a thousand of leaders and units with specific pictures.
Ageod is part of the Slitherine Group
About the Slitherine Group
The Slitherine Group is the world’s leading producer and publisher of digital wargames and strategy games. Under the Slitherine ( www.slitherine.com), Matrix Games ( www.matrixgames.com) and Ageod ( www.ageod.com) brands it has published literally hundreds of games, with many award-winning titles in its portfolio and spanning all digital platforms, from home consoles to modern Smartphone’s and Tablets. Slitherine is also involved with book publishing, board gaming and works with a wide array of key licensing partners, such as HISTORY®, MILITARY HISTORY®, Horrible Histories™, Showtime, BBC, Osprey, Scholastic, Buzz Aldrin Enterprises and many others to deliver the best blend of historical accuracy in an exciting and entertaining way. Together the Group companies form the world’s largest organization specializing in this important and vibrant niche. The Slitherine Group’s mission over the coming years is to lead the way in innovation and growth in an ever expanding segment of the entertainment industry.