Kot in Action has launched the website for Tomes of Mephistopheles, a new action-RPG which will launch its alpha in the coming weeks.
Before being imprisoned for eternity, Mephistopheles, the Lord of Darkness, put his sinister knowledge into several tomes which were scattered across the land. Many wicked souls were corrupted by the Devil and spent their lives searching for the wretched Tomes of Mephistopheles, to gain the knowledge of their unholy power. It has been foretold that the beholder of the Tomes will possess the greatest power known to mankind and will rule the world, but will corrupt it and leave it in ruins. The secret society known as the Deputies of Uriel dispatched its most skillful members to find the Tomes and destroy them at any cost. Will you fulfill your duty or succumb to the corruption of the Dark Lord ?
Tomes of Mephistopheles is a first-person action-RPG dungeon crawler. With its fast-paced fluid combat, a multitude of medieval and magical weapons, an in-depth custom spell system, and randomly generated persistent worlds, ToM is a pinnacle of the genre.
Seeking the sinister Tomes, you will forge a path through the dungeons using anything that becomes available to you, while attaining skill and power along the way by exploring, questing, and crafting unique equipment and tailoring spells for yourself.
- Crawl through vast, procedurally generated dungeons and overworlds.
- Use explosives or other means to create your own path through a destructible world.
- Crush your enemies in visceral, fast-paced, collision-based melee and spell combat.
- Immerse yourself in a dank, dark ambiance.
- Battle intelligent enemies that evade and surround you to claw and slash you to death.
- Use intuitive casting mechanics that allow casting of rapid-fire or big powerful spells on the fly.
- Combine interchangeable runes which control all aspects of your spells. Spells can be customized as far as the way they move, how they are controlled, the area they affect, how they fork or chain, and of course, what the effects are at each stage of the spell designated by specific combinations of elements.
- Pick up real world objects. Chests and other containers do not use menus, but instead have actual items inside.
OS: Windows XP / Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Linux OS
CPU: 2.0 Ghz+ dual core
Video: GF 8600 or Radeon HD 2600 with 512 Mb of VRAM
RAM: 2Gb of RAM
Disclaimer: Some of the features mentioned above are not present in the current alpha release of the game. As we continue development, we shall venture further into the dungeons where these features lurk. The hardware requirements are preliminary and are not final.