Free Realms™ is closing 2009 with a BANG! Today, the hit online game released its newest game update containing a multitude of highly anticipated new features directly requested by the players. From spike dragons and snowball fights to real estate and rocket ships, Free Realms continues to be the place where PLAYERS RULE!
Player Housing allows players to have a personal piece of virtual real estate all their own. With three types of houses available now, you can obtain unique items to decorate your new pad, play with your pets in the yard, invite friends over and even throw dance parties.
• The Small Wilds House– 2 bedroom house with a small yard; free for all Members and holds up to 250 items.
• Over 100 items– Decorate the interior and exterior of your new place with cool house items like the Babbling Stone Head, the Mega Dance Floor or a larger than life Rocket Ship that actually launches. Obtained through the Marketplace, Coin Shop, quests and the Daily Spin wheel, most Marketplace and Coin Shop items are color-customizable at purchase.
Snow Days, the Free Realms winter holiday celebration, has transformed Snowhill into a winter wonderland filled with food, fun, and of course– presents!
• Ready-Aim-Fire!– Pelt your friends with snowballs as you duck behind ice barriers in the Snowhill snowball fighting area.
New Pets have arrived in Free Realms including dragons, dinosaurs, unicorns, ponies and pegasi. Available in numerous colors direct from the in-game Marketplace, these unique species are ready to be adopted and find loving homes!
• Special Surprise– Stand around long enough and your pet pony may protest with a little rainbow tinkle or dragons may release some hot fire droppings.
Fishing is the latest job to be added to Free Realms with an all new 3D minigame that will reel in players hook, line and sinker! Ever wonder what lurks within the waters of Sacred Grove? Fishermen know all the secret spots to cast their lines and catch everything from exotic fish to treasure. You can also fish with your friends for added angling adventure.
• On the Hook– 30 different species of fish are just waiting to be caught in six different fishing holes.
Other Feature Additions:
• Combat has undergone a large revamp. Every combat job, item and combat encounter has been upgraded to make your combat experience faster paced and more exciting. Start a battle from the Game Guide to try out powerful new attacks!
• To start the new TCG quests, purchase the Shattered Past quest packs and talk to Sir Wellington in Briarwood, outside of Vale of Ancients.
• You can now buy and sell some items and characters with Live Gamer! This service is available to our 18+; US only, English only players.
The December game update is now available in game. To log in, visit www.FreeRealms.com
Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) is a recognized worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online games which have entertained millions of players around the globe. SOE creates and delivers compelling entertainment for the personal computer, online, game console and wireless markets. Known for its blockbuster franchise EverQuest®, its successful online trading card game Legends of Norrath®, as well as the recent kids’ phenomenon Free Realms™, SOE continues to raise the bar for online gaming and players worldwide. Headquartered in San Diego, with additional studios in Austin, Seattle, Denver, Tucson, and Taiwan, SOE has a slate of engaging, high-quality games currently in development across new genres for all platforms and audiences.
SOE, the SOE logo and EverQuest, are registered trademarks and Free Realms is a trademark of Sony Online Entertainment LLC in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Free Realms is rated E-10+ for crude humor and fantasy violence.