Los Angeles&Santa Clara, Calif.– August 3, 2010– Social game developer Trilogy Studios today introduced its Firefly platform, an industrial strength MMO technology framework for the development of social and casual multiplayer online games. Trilogy has signed PlaySpan, the global leader in monetization solutions, as its preferred partner to enable subscriptions and digital goods monetization for all properties built on the Firefly platform. Trilogy is developing social games using Firefly for leading entertainment and media companies, including both original IP and licensed content.
“We’ve spent the past five years building up an expertise in social and casual games, and now have a complete platform in Firefly to quickly deliver massive, immersive games for leading content publishers,” said Michael Pole, Trilogy Studios CEO.“Together with PlaySpan, we have a full service platform that works universally with third party developer tools and delivers top notch browser-based gameplay and monetization opportunities.”
PlaySpan’s monetization platform runs seamlessly on Firefly, and supports all leading Web browsers. The Firefly solution will take advantage of PlaySpan’s UltimatePay service, which provides over 85 global payment methods including credit card, PayPal, mobile, cash based, and the top selling Ultimate Game Card.
“Our partnership with Trilogy Studios takes a best practices approach and blends together two of the most formidable developer-based offerings in the games industry,” said Karl Mehta, Founder&CEO of PlaySpan.“We expect the combined service to be put in use immediately by several major studios and content publishers looking to maximize revenue opportunities in a seamless and cost effective manner.”
In addition to facilitating commerce transactions, PlaySpan will provide a comprehensive developer analytics console, consolidated reporting, and monthly settlement for all payment methods to Trilogy and its clients. PlaySpan will also act as the merchant of record on behalf of Trilogy partners who use Firefly.
The Firefly platform integrates the features of a traditional MMORPG into a very small footprint that allows nearly instantaneous access to the game through a Web browser.
- Support for a variety of gameplay elements including achievements and quests, skills development and leveling, in-world gameplay such as item collection and cooperative activities, as well as integrated game instances;
- An interactive experience that allows players to click, walk over, stand on, throw and mingle with virtually any object or character in the game;
- Integrated monetization program, in cooperation with PlaySpan, that offers subscriptions, sponsorships, microtransactions and advertising, as well as reporting and data mining.
- Social networking features such as integrated email, chat and messaging; users can generate content in-game and post it to their profiles.
- Summon players across multiple servers for on-demand player interaction; track user interaction and make friend recommendations for compatible players.
- All games built on Firefly are COPPA compliant and include built-in child safety tools such as activity monitoring, filtered Free Chat and Safe Chat, parental monitoring tools and a dedicated interface for full visibility into their child’s online play.
About Trilogy Studios
Founded in 2005 and based in Sherman Oaks, CA, Trilogy Studios is a pioneer in the development of original and licensed social games and casual MMOs from concept to delivery. In 2007, Trilogy partnered with Shanghai-based Ultizen to expand the company’s online game development capabilities. Trilogy offers major media and content companies the opportunity to extend their presence online through games, and monetize through microtransactions, subscriptions, advertising, sponsorships and e-commerce transactions. Trilogy’s award winning game developers have designed online experiences for such notable brands as MTV, Pimp My Ride, Coca Cola and Scion among others. For more information about Trilogy Studios visit www.trilogystudios.com.
About PlaySpan, Inc.
PlaySpan TM is the global leader in monetization solutions for digital goods, social networks, online games and videos. PlaySpan's patent-pending in-game digital goods commerce and micropayment platform enables game publishers and developers to generate new revenues, acquire new users, and extend the loyalty of existing users.
PlaySpan’s UltimatePay TM combines PayByCash’s 11 years of payment services experience with Spare Change’s social network payment platform expertise to deliver an optimized payment solution with over 85 international payment methods including credit cards, PayPal, the ULTIMATE GAME CARD TM - available in over 48,000 retail locations across North America and growing rapidly worldwide, and UltimatePoints TM , the world’s leading universal virtual currency.
For more information about PlaySpan, visit: http://corp.playspan.com
# # #
PR for Trilogy Studios