Haarlem, The Netherlands– 24 August 2009– Up and coming videogame publisher Iceberg Interactive today announced that Tripwire Interactive released a free Heavy Metal Content Pack for the hit co-op survival horror title, Killing Floor. This entirely free update brings 2 new weapons, a brand new map and a bunch of other new features to the game. The major ones:
• 2 new weapons: the AK-47 assault rifle beefs up the Commando Perk, with heavier hitting power in semi and full automatic fire modes. The Katana is a classic melee weapon that combines speed, reach and cutting power.
• A brand new map: KF-Foundry. This map is set in a Horzine manufacturing facility, tucked away in an old steel foundry. Multiple levels, strange machinery and molten metal all serve to create an eerie and frantic location to fight off the specimen hordes!
Further new features in this free update include:
• Added "On Fire" behavior to all Specimens. When a specimen burns a certain amount, they will now freak out and behave like a burning zed should, making the flamethrower more effective.
• Updated the flashlight to look and act in a more realistic fashion.
Tweaks in the update include:
• Added smoke to the Scrake's Chainsaw.
• Adjusted the spawning of the Patriarch boss character to prevent cases where the boss was spawning too close to players.
• Adjusted Bullpup's firing sound to have more bass.
• Adjusted "Crisp up" settings for some of the Specimens when on fire.
• Updated Mutator and Map White Lists (see Killing Floor forums for more details)
Minor bug fixes in the update are:
• Fixed Scrake's head glowing when decapitated.
• Fixed "The Long War", "The Hard War", and "The Completely Suicidal War" achievements not unlocking.
• Fixed known exploits on KF-Farm, KF-Manor, KF-Offices, and KF-WestLondon.
The update pack is free to everyone who owns the game and will update automatically. Iceberg Interactive released Killing Floor two weeks ago in the UK and Scandinavia and will be rolling out the game across the rest of Europe from September onwards. For more information on the game, visit our website at www.iceberg-interactive.com.
About Tripwire Interactive
Based in Roswell, Georgia, Tripwire Interactive is an entertainment software developer and publisher founded in 2005 by the award winning mod team and winners of the“$1,000,000 Make Something Unreal” competition. Released in early 2006, Tripwire Interactive’s debut retail title Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 has achieved both critical and commercial success garnering several awards including“Multiplayer Game of the Year” and“FPS of the Year” for 2006. With Red Orchestra ranking as one of the most played PC Multiplayer games in the world and 400,000 units sold on PC , Tripwire Interactive have proven that with hard work, determination, and great distribution partners, independent game developers can still make a big splash in the games industry. Killing Floor, Tripwire’s second title, jumped straight to the top of the Steam best-seller list and instantly became one of the top-ten most played FPS games in the world. For more information visit Tripwire Interactive’s website at www.tripwireinteractive.com
About Iceberg Interactive
Iceberg Interactive is a brand new videogame publisher set to make a splash in the interactive entertainment industry. Staffed with industry veterans and with offices in key locations around the world, Iceberg Interactive is a new alternative for developers looking to bring their products to a worldwide audience. Iceberg Interactive’s portfolio of products includes titles for both the PC and console platforms, with a special focus on the casual gamer and specialty niche products. This is reflected in our line-up which includes simulators, tycoon, adventure, action and brain-training games.
When it comes to games… don’t just play… play it cool.
For more information visit www.iceberg-interactive.com to keep up with the latest breaking news.