Coming off the heels of the incredibly successful launch of the game-changing PX5 headset for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, Turtle Beach is proud to release the Advanced Sound Editor software to PX5 owners around the globe. The software is designed with several key audio categories and tools to give users the customized audio experience in gaming, movies or music that they crave. To showcase the vast capabilities of this software, Turtle Beach has worked with the audio team at Visceral Games™ to create five new audio presets to showcase the capabilities of the PX5.
The Advanced Sound Editor gives PX5 owners the chance to craft their own custom presets for their favorite titles utilizing a number of key audio tools. It provides access to every parameter in the PX5’s internal Digital Signal Processor, allowing detailed control over the microphone, chat and game sound. These settings are saved as Presets which can be uploaded into the PX5 headset via the USB connection. The presets for mic, chat and game channels can be saved independently and combined into a master preset, allowing for different combinations. For example, each channel offers an adjustable multi-band EQ that allows developers to change the frequency response of the mic, chat or game sound depending on the game situation, while Sonic Lens™ technology allows users to focus in on key audio triggers such as enemy footsteps or the engines of competing cars as they try to take the lead.
The Visceral audio team created a total of five horror-themed presets for the PX5; of those two were created with multiplayer action in mind. The first of these gives the player the sound and feel of playing from inside the character’s helmet, literally putting them in the suit for the duration of gameplay. The second will give players the audio landscape as heard from the enemy’s POV. For the first time, players will be able to hear exactly what it sounds like to be reshaped into the form of these horrifying creatures that hunt down their opponents.
The final three presets have been created with the single player experience in mind. The first preset known as“Reference” allows players to hear gameplay exactly as the audio developers intended, in all of its bloodcurdling glory! The second is called“Ambience Enhance” and dials up the creep factor to 11 by accentuating every terrifying nuance. The third known as“Stompinator” lets you feel every bone chilling crunch as you stomp your enemy into submission.
Key features and user benefits of the PX5 Advanced Sound Editor include:
· Sonic Lens™ technology allows the developers and users to emphasize or magnify specific audio cues or effects in game by frequency
· Independent multi-band EQ on the mic, chat and game channels allows developers to change the frequency response of the game sound
· Sound Field Expander processing creates a wider audio soundscape
· Blast Limiter™ allows developers to turn up the game volume to focus in on subtle sound without simultaneously increasing loud level sounds
· Independent noise gates on the mic, game and chat channels filter out undesired noise to allow for true silence
· Replaces the previously available Preset Manager software, by combining both functions into one bundled suite
· Currently available for Windows XP/Vista/7 platforms, with Mac capabilities coming soon.
Both the Advanced Sound Editor and presets are available on the Turtle Beach website at www.TurtleBeach.com/Customize they are available, at no additional cost, for registered PX5 owners to download.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to drop me a line!