For Immediate Release
Staten Island, NY, February 5th, 2010– Matrix Games ( www.matrixgames.com) and Code Force ( www.codeforce.co.nz) are thrilled to release two new videos for their hotly awaited 4X strategy game, Distant Worlds. The latest two videos detail the game’s controls and the mechanics behind space exploration, both facets which are essential tools in crafting your humble starting enclave into a sprawling and powerful empire! Check out the Controls and Exploration videos on YouTube and be sure to also see the Introductory Video as well.
David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said,“These two videos are only the beginning of a series of exciting videos detailing Distant Worlds. Stay tuned for more videos and information and I’m sure you’ll be as excited as I am about this game!”
Distant Worlds is a vast, real-time, 4X space strategy game. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game.
Vast galaxies are made to order: up to 1400 star systems, with up to 50,000 planets, moons and asteroids. Galaxies are so deep, fun and immersive that you won’t want to finish the game... Build, expand and improve your empire endlessly. The galaxy is packed with life and activity. Encounter other empires, independent alien colonies, traders, pirates and space monsters. Explore star systems, asteroid fields, gas clouds, supernovae, galactic storms and black holes. Discover evidence of civilizations long since past, uncovering secrets about the galaxy's troubled history...
Best of all, you can play the game your way: enjoy a quick, intense game in a crowded galaxy or take your time in an epic game spread across a vast galaxy!
• Truly Epic-Scale Galaxies: Play in galaxies with up to 1400 star systems and 50,000 planets, moons and asteroids.
• Private Enterprise: The private citizens of your empire automatically take care of mundane tasks like mining, transporting, migration, etc.
• Intelligent Automation: Automate the various tasks in your empire, so that you can focus on the areas that you enjoy most.
• Explore: Explore the vast galaxy, discovering valuable resources, potential colonies for your empire and making contact with other empires.
• Colonize: Send out colony ships to found new worlds for your empire.
• Defend: Patrol the outlying areas of your empire, construct defensive bases, and build up your fleets to protect from raiding pirates or space monsters.
• Diplomacy: Interact with other empires, discussing treaties, making trade offers or just giving them a piece of your mind.
• Espionage: Covertly seek out information about other empires, or even disrupt their progress with acts of sabotage.
• Research: Develop new technologies for use in building your own unique ships and star bases.
• Build: Design and build the ships and star bases in your empire. Construct military behemoths at your space ports. Build mining stations, research installations and more.
• Built-in Game Editor: Fine-tune your own galaxy, adding or removing star systems, planets, asteroid fields, ships or anything else.
Get more information on Distant Worlds from its official product page.
ABOUT MATRIX GAMES
Matrix Games produces, markets and publishes historical wargames as well as other computer gaming products. Since 2000, Matrix Games has published over one hundred titles and several award-winning games, including Gary Grigsby’s War in the Pacific, Close Combat: The Longest Day, Harpoon 3 Advanced Naval Warfare, John Tiller’s Campaign Series, Conquest of the Aegean, Crown of Glory: Emperor’s Edition, Battles In Normandy and Norm Koger’s The Operational Art of War III. Matrix Games is based in Staten Island, New York. For more information, visit the Matrix Games website at www.matrixgames.com.
(Additional box art and other art assets, including flat and 300+ dpi box images, are available from the Matrix Games Press Media Area“Media” section)