London, UK — May 3, 2012 - Today Ubisoft announced that Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Alpha, the short movie prequel to Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Future Soldier, will premiere exclusively on LOVEFiLM - Europe's largest subscription service for streaming films and TV series over the internet and sending DVDs and games by post. LOVEFiLM members will be able to stream Ghost Recon Alpha via LOVEFiLM Instant from 3 rd May.
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Alpha the movie is a thrilling and intense live-action short film set in the Tom Clancy universe.
Inserted deep behind enemy lines, the Ghosts must strike swiftly to eliminate one of the world’s most feared war criminals; but some missions don’t always go as planned.
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Alpha is deeply connected with the upcoming release of Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Future Soldier:
- Characters: Characters present in the movie will be playable characters in the video game.
- Storyline: Their actions in the movie also have direct implications on the video game storyline.
- Location: The location of the movie will also be playable in the game’s multiplayer modes.
- Exclusive unlock: A secret code is also hidden in the movie, enabling access to an exclusive weapon in the game. (unlock available only on Xbox 360® and PC)
For more information and to watch Ghost Recon Alpha, please visit: http://lovefilm.com/ghostrecon
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Future Soldier is scheduled to release for the Xbox 360® and the Sony PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system on May 25 th, 2012 and for PC on June 15 th, 2012.
For more information on Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Future Soldier please visit www.ghostrecon.com
About Ubisoft: Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified lineup of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 26 countries and has sales in more than 55 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. For the 2010–11 fiscal year Ubisoft generated sales of 1.039 billion euros. To learn more, please visit ubisoftgroup.com.
© 2012 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Tom Clancy's, Ghost Recon, Ghost Recon Future Soldier, the Soldier Icon, Ubisoft, and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the US and/or other countries.
• LOVEFiLM is an Amazon company and is the leading European film subscription service with over 2 million members in the UK, Germany, Sweden, Denmark, and Norway
• In February 2011 LOVEFiLM was acquired by Amazon EU SARL
• LOVEFiLM members can enjoy the benefits of DVDs delivered straight to their door with LOVEFiLM By Post and streaming films online via LOVEFiLM Instant
• LOVEFiLM Instant is available on over 175 Internet-enabled devices including PCs, PlayStation®3, iPad®, Xbox 360, plus a growing number of Blu-Ray players and Internet-connected TVs including Sony, Samsung, LG and Cello
• LOVEFiLM is available for one low monthly price – with no late fees
• Titles are also available to everyone on a pay-per-view basis via LOVEFiLM Box Office
• Members can choose from a selection of over 70,000 titles available across Blu-ray, DVDs, video games and instant streaming
• LOVEFiLM offers a range of video games rental options in the UK market to support gaming across Xbox 360, Xbox, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®2, Wii and DS
• LOVEFiLM members have generated over 80 million film ratings and written more than 1 million reviews
• For additional information including a breakdown of packages visit www.lovefilm.com
Ubisoft Limited. Registered number: 2409000 England & Wales. Registered office: First Floor, Chertsey Gate East, London Street, Chertsey, Surrey, KT16 8AP
Information contained in this e-mail is intended for the use of the addressee only, and is confidential and may also be privileged. If you receive this message in error, please advise us immediately. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of Ubisoft Limited shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it. Attachments to this e-mail may contain software viruses which may damage your systems.