LONDON, UK– September 22nd, 2009– Today Ubisoft announced the development of The Settlers 7: Paths to a KingdomTM, the next iteration in the popular multi-million selling strategy game franchise for PC. Scheduled for release in spring 2010, The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom TM gives gamers the opportunity to choose the best way to lead their kingdom to victory, in a rich environment set in middle-Europe during the early Renaissance.
“The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom TM brings The Settlers® franchise to a new level in the strategy-game genre, relying on the key mechanisms that made the series a success while innovating and giving the gamers the opportunity to build their own thrilling experience.” said John Parkes, Marketing Director EMEA at Ubisoft
Developed by the Ubisoft Blue Byte studio located in Düsseldorf, Germany, The Settlers 7: Paths to a KingdomTM ties in with the tradition of the series success while bringing a fresh, modern and innovative strategy game, based on strong game mechanics and deep gameplay that are hallmarks of the highly acclaimed Settlers franchise. Players will easily become engaged in an exciting campaign, skirmish maps or multi-player challenges in a world of lush forests, open meadows, fast flowing rivers, and high mountains.
The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom TM main features:
• Rich gameplay mechanics: The deep building and production systems both allow gamers to expand their kingdom village by village, sector by sector, optimizing their creation by fine-tuning production chains and transport systems.
• Variety of gameplay: Gamers will be able to choose the best path to lead their kingdom to victory around three main pillars:
• Military: by building strong armies and defeating opponents with shear military power.
• Science: by increasing their influence in the monasteries, gamers will be able to have access to the most beneficial technologies.
• Trade: by occupying the best trade routes to become the wealthiest player on the map.
Depending on each style of play, gamers will be able to unlock a variation of new and unique possibilities, changing the way they build their own kingdom.
• An innovative victory system: new victory point system brings more tension and competition to the game. Victory points are awarded in many different ways depending on the choices gamers make throughout the evolution of their kingdom.
• Online Multiplayer: gamers will be able to play online and face opponents in classic adversarial and co-op teamplay modes. Online features include user-generated and downloadable content, in-game feeds, and various leaderboards.
• A new graphic engine and improved AI: A brand-new graphic engine will let gamers experience the beauty of their kingdom in a never-seen-before level of detail and more than a dozen AI profiles, each with unique behaviors, will add enhanced variety to the game like never before.
Make sure you visit the official website, www.thesettlers.com and find out more info on The Settlers 7: Paths to a KingdomTM.
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has teams in 28 countries and distributes games in more than 55 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. For the 2009-10 fiscal year, generated sales of 1.058 billion Euros. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com.
©2009 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. The Settlers, The Settlers 7 Paths to a Kingdom, Blue Byte and the Blue Byte logo are trademarks of Red Storm Entertainment in the US and/or other countries. Ubisoft and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the US and/or other countries. Red Storm Entertainment Inc is a Ubisoft Entertainment company. Original Settlers II developed by Blue Byte Software.