LOS ANGELES – June 4, 2012 – Today at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3),, Ubisoft ® announced the development of Just Dance 4, the fourth installment in the world’s No. 1dance game franchise. Just Dance 4 will be released on October 4th in EMEA and October 9 in the U.S., on the Wii™ system from Nintendo, Microsoft Kinect™ for Xbox 360 ® and Sony PlayStation ® Move for PlayStation ® 3 computer entertainment system. The game also will be released on the Wii U TM system from Nintendo at the system’s launch.
With more than 29 million games sold to date, the Just Dance franchise is a pop-culture phenomenon that is enjoyed by fans all over the globe. Just Dance 3, the previous game in the franchise, sold more than 9 million copies in less than eight months. Just Dance Wii sold more than 600,000 copies in Korea and Japan, making Just Dance one of the rare video game brands to achieve success in both Eastern and Western countries. On a global level, the dance game genre was the sixth largest of 2011, growing 66 percent from 2010, with two Just Dance titles nabbing spots in the top 10 best-selling games of the year.
“Just Dance continues to be the game of choice for consumers around the world looking for games with great music and fun dance moves,” said Geoffroy Sardin, chief EMEA sales and marketing officer at Ubisoft/Tony Key, US senior vice-president of sales and marketing at Ubisoft. “This year, Just Dance 4 will once again bring family and friends together for moments of shared enjoyment and laughter. The party will be bigger than ever thanks to an epic track list, more interactive game modes and an expanded Just Sweat feature.”
Just Dance 4 features more than 40 new tracks, ranging from chart-topping Billboard hits to classic dance party tracks. Whether it’s pop, Hip-Hop, rock, R&B, country or funk, there is something for everyone. Confirmed tracks for Just Dance 4 include:
· Call Me Maybe – Carly Rae Jepsen
· Disturbia – Rihanna
· Good Feeling – Flo Rida
· Maneater – Nelly Furtado
· Moves Like Jagger – Maroon 5 ft. Christina Aguilera
· Never Gonna Give You Up – Rick Astley
· Rock Lobster– The B-52’s
· So What – P!nk
· Super Bass – Nicki Minaj
· You’re The First, The Last, My Everything – Barry White
· What Makes You Beautiful – One Direction
· Wild Wild West – Will Smith
Just Dance 4 also includes an array of fresh new features and game modes, including:
· Battle Mode: In the all-new Battle Mode, friends go head to head with each other in six rounds of dance battles. During the battle, the choreography and music changes in real time, depending on who is currently winning or losing. The ultimate winner gets bragging rights until the next dance battle!
· Alternate Choreographies: Players have the chance to unlock alternative dance routines for some of their favorite tracks. They can opt for a more challenging, faster-paced routine or more outlandish choreography, depending on their mood.
· Expanded Just Sweat Mode: The popular Just Sweat mode gets a major upgrade with new workout sessions, personalized programs and a calorie counter to track your workout intensity. With Just Sweat, players stay fit while having fun – it’s exercise in disguise!
· Wii U-exclusive Features: The Wii U version introduces, for the first time ever, up to 5-player gameplay with the innovative and exclusive Puppet Master Mode. In this mode, the player operating the Wii U controller becomes a true Master of Ceremony as thegets the power to switch dance routines that are being performed by the four other players in real-time. The Wii U operator he also has the ability to create choreographies and choose playlists for the other players to follow. In addition, the Wii U controller allows for writing on-screen live dedications and taking pictures and videos of the best dance moments to share online. It’s a complete new way to take part in the Just Dance experience!
For the latest information on Just Dance 4, please visit: www.justdancegame.com. Follow us on Twitter and use hashtag #justdance4.
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 26 countries and has sales in more than 55 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. For the 2011-12 fiscal year Ubisoft generated sales of €1,061 million. To learn more, please visit: www.ubisoftgroup.com.
© 2012 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Just Dance, Ubisoft and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries.
KINECT, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies and are used under license from Microsoft.
“PS Family Logo”, “PlayStation” and “PS3” are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. “PS3 Slim Logo” is a trademark of the same company.
Trademarks are property of their respective owners. Nintendo, Wii and Wii U are trademarks of Nintendo. © 2012 Nintendo.