Haarlem, The Netherlands– December 21, 2007– Leading publisher Lighthouse Interactive and developer Zoetrope Interactive today released the first update for their psychological horror Adventure game, Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder. The update includes several new features and upgrades. Darkness Within was released in stores across Europe in November 2007. This chilling PC CD-ROM game is inspired by the works of H.P. Lovecraft and is Windows® Vista™ compatible.
Key Upgrades and Features included in Update 1.01:
• Inventory Management– Several inventory related issues have been corrected
• Graphics Improvements– The game now uses the default refresh rate of the player’s monitor and the antialiasing option now supports“2X” and“4X” instead of“On” and“Off”
• Document Underlining– Improvements have been made to the interface and game mechanics
• Sound Issues– Audio problems have been fixed
• Alternative Clues and Solutions to Puzzles– There is now more than one way to garner clues to some puzzles (i.e. Clark’s birthday) and alternative ways to solve a puzzle (i.e. photo puzzle)
• Interface Improvements– Upgrades in functionality have been made, especially to the DES feature in the Inventory menu
As police detective Howard E. Loreid, players are tasked to solve the murder of Clark Field, a wealthy man involved in the occult. At the top of your list of suspects is Loath Nolder; a highly respected private investigator who mysteriously abandoned his last case for reasons unknown. Rumor had it that he ventured to several exotic places around the world learning from tribe shamans and sorcerers. It remains a great mystery as to why Loath Nolder disappeared so suddenly, resurfacing five years later and resuming his investigations just as abruptly as he had left them. Why does this venerated P.I. now sit on the other side of the law?
Your seemingly routine investigation takes a dramatic twist as strange and terrifying happenings begin to plague your psyche. You experience lucid horrifying dreams and are tormented by paranormal happenings. Why do days pass instead ofhours when you sleep? What’s real and what’s not? As you pursue fugitive murder suspect Loath Nolder, you must face dire truths hidden deep within a haunting darkness and the recesses of your mind.
• Built-in Hint System with 3 Difficulty Levels– Players can choose to play in Standard, Detective or Senior Detective modes.
• Unique Inventory System– Utilizing the‘thinking screen’ allows players to collect and examine items, and thoughts. Clues can also be researched, combined or used.
• Dynamic Puzzles and Features– Traditional adventure game puzzles are complimented by deciphering dreams and underlining excerpts in documents to garner critical clues.
• Enhanced Gameplay Experience– The proprietary game engine enables compelling special effects, stunning visuals, and dynamic lighting and shading, in a panoramic first person game environment.
• Eerie Gameplay Atmosphere– An immersive experience is created by a fascinating story, chilling real-time cut scenes, and haunting music.
To download Update 1.01, visit:
About Zoetrope Interactive
Leading game development company Zoeptrope Interactive is located in Istanbul, Turkey. The team is dedicated to create quality games in which gamers will enjoy a unique gaming experience. Zoetrope currently focuses on their mysterious and suspenseful psychological thriller game Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder. www.zoetropeint.com
About Lighthouse Interactive
Lighthouse Interactive is a fast growing publisher of interactive entertainment with offices established in Toronto and Montreal, Canada, Haarlem, The Netherlands and London, England. The company is focused on bringing strong titles to the worldwide market in a wide array of genres including: RPG, Simulation, Adventure, Action and Strategy. Staffed with industry veterans, Lighthouse is the right choice for developers looking to bring their products to a worldwide audience. www.lighthouse-interactive.com
Michael Meyers Public Relations
Tel: +31 23 540 9449