Philadelphia (August 31, 2009)–Video Game Expo (VGXPO), taking place October 9-11, 2009 at the Pennsylvania Convention Center, issued a statement today confirming that it has no relationship to GameXpo (GameX) run by Virtual Rush and NBC10. Acting on the growing number of inquiries from exhibitors, and industry insiders, who have expressed confusion over the status of these events, the owners of VGXPO feel compelled to make a clear statement of facts regarding the two expositions. These two expos are not the same event, nor is one related to the other, in any manner.
Over the past week, multiple individuals and exhibitors communicated their confusion regarding the difference between the two shows directly to VGXPO management. Specifically, the management team has been asked if VGXPO, in fact, was GameX (or had been subsumed by the latter). VGXPO has, within the past week, conversed with an exhibitor who has a contract to exhibit at GameX, but believed that they had contracted to exhibit at VGXPO. This confusion extends to attendees, exhibitors and media, as well as at least one of the most well-known and best-connected individuals working in the game industry today.
In the past 30 days, members of the VGXPO advisory board have also received inquiries regarding a relationship between VGXPO, GameX and NBC10. To be completely clear:
• NBC10 has never held any ownership stake in VGXPO, and any claims by NBC, or GameX, that NBC10 ever owned, ran, managed or executed a video game expo are absolutely incorrect.
• VGXPO has never had any financial relationship with GameX or its owner Frank“Paul” Treasca.
• Furthermore, there is some confusion regarding the names and sub-titles that have been applied to GameX. Specifically there is confusion regarding GameX’s use of the name GameXpo, and its sub-name Games and Media Expo:
• The name VGXPO is trademarked by Lunar Tide Communications, Inc. Lunar Tide does not claim a trademark, or ownership, of the letters Xpo. However, it does own URL rights to some variations of the Xpo name including: VGXPO, SciFiXpo, ComicXpo, and even GameXpo.
• In regards to the name Games Media Expo, VGXPO management developed the name in the winter of 2008. In addition, VGXPO management registered the URL GamesMediaExpo.com on April 15, 2008. This web address, as well as variations of it, point to the VGXPO website. To be clear, VGXPO ownership of the name Games Media Expo (and variations), should not be confused with GameX's use of the name.
This statement is made in order that it might help to stop any confusion that exists regarding VGXPO and GameX, and is an attempt to avoid any negative issues arising this October. If any exhibitor has a signed contracted with GameX that is dated, on, or before August 31, 2009, and has signed up with them under the assumption that that they were going to VGXPO, we will waive the exhibition fees for VGXPO and work with you to obtain all exhibition service materials so that you can still participate in the expo.
If you are an exhibitor at GameX, but intended to exhibit at VGXPO, please contact us immediately, as we will make every effort to help provide you with exhibit space at VGXPO. All inquires should be forwarded to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- - - -
About Video Game Expo:
Now celebrating its 5th annual show, VGXPO will be held October 9-11, 2009 at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in downtown Philadelphia. Returning to the Pennsylvania Convention Center (a.k.a. the Philadelphia Convention Center or PACC), VGXPO has moved into Hall A, a monstrous 130,000 square foot exhibit hall. This state of the art convention center sets the stage for what’s sure to be an amazing event for gamers and game insiders alike.
VGXPO is one of the premiere gaming destinations on the game industry calendar. Over 24,000 gamers and 55 exhibitors participated in the 2008 VGXPO. This year we are bringing back all of the great content that's made the 2008 event so successful, including: The Great American Video Game Tournament; Anime and Games Fest; The VGXPO Arcade; Breaking In; Retro Con; and R-Botx Fest. This year we are also adding new super hero and sci-fi areas powered by Wizard World’s Comic Con. New this year will be our closing night ceremonies– held at the Kimmel Center. VGXPO plans to also host a lifetime achievement award presentation and the Video Games Live music concert.
For more info on VGXPO, check us out on the web at: www.vgxpo.com