More than a year after the start of the open beta test of “A Mystical Land”, the Developer Mad Otter and Co-Publisher Neonga have renamed the Free-to-Play Roleplaying MMO to “Villagers & Heroes” http://www.villagersandheroes.com to better match the content and focus of the game. With its rich and deep Village and Housing gameplay, the new name gives a much better idea of what the players can expect from the game.
The new name is just one part of the story. The development team has been busy expanding the gameplay with many new features over the past few months.
Gnomish Augmentation Workshops
As player created content and especially items get more and more important in Villagers & Heroes, players can now create their own customized gear. “Gnogmentation” will allow players to combine weapons and gear to have the precise feats, abilities, and cosmetic look they want.
New Realms to Explore
Players can now travel to Stormhold to visit the magical land of Maiden. It was so imbued with magic that it split from the earth and floated into the sky. Far below Maiden, nestled in the snowy peaks of Shiverspine, players will find the small outpost of Shiverstead. Heroes can battle their way through icy undead, fierce yeti, and monstrous elementals.
For the tropical island lovers, the region of Traven has been discovered. Characters can set sail with Captain Renley to explore this beautiful archipelago filled with sun, sand, and of course danger personified by the evil Sorceress Valuspa, who is creating her own twisted, shadow-fated version of the world.
New Epic Bosses
Players can now face off against the ancient and powerful Elder bosses: Karackus, first of the Elementals; Ux, Lord of the Shadow Chasm; Villarius, Chief of the Villar; and the corrupting Sorceress Valuspa, Queen of the Azar. Defeating them makes collecting special fragments possible that can be used to reforge epic weapons and armor, loaded with new spells like Titanic Power, Dragon Strike, Flaming Meteor, Corrupting Plague, Mass Absorb Shield, and Ferocity of the Wolverine.
Animal Ranching added
Besides Farming Crops in the backyard of their own houses, players can raise Sheep, Chicken, and Pigs to collect valuable resources to craft their favorite food and gear. By leveling up their ranching skill, players can get exotic fleeces to make epic outfits and gear.
A whole set of further improvements and additions to “Villagers & Heroes” http://www.villagersandheroes.com is planned for the upcoming months while the Game is running for a greenlight campaign on Steam to further expand the reach of “Villagers & Heroes” and attract more players. Steam Users wanting to support the game can find all necessary information on Greenlight at this link:
Upcoming Features Spotlight:
- Village v. Village with Sandbox Dungeons (VvV): Players can engage in stimulating village vs. village scenarios through unique user-created dungeons.
- More Village Projects: Friends can work together to customize their village. Add unique styles and decorations, increase the size of the community vault or upgrade crafting facilities.
- New Realms: Currently only three of the seven realms have been explored. Sights of great beauty and mystery await discovery!
- More Cosmetics: Further customize the appearance of your avatar with new hairstyles, tattoos, faces, outfits, or even change the gender of your character altogether.
- Village Politics: Players can determine the overall nature of government in their villages, establish positions and ranks and vote for leaders.
- Improved Combat: Not only will combat mechanics be even quicker and more responsive, but players will be able to track individual battle stats to compare them with friends.
Neonga AG is a publisher of free-to-play Massively Multiplayer Online Games. These are offered free of charge as PC downloads, browser games, in Facebook or to be played on mobile handsets. The games are associated with "Item Shops" where players can acquire specific premium goods. The company was founded in Berlin in July 2010. “Villagers & Heroes” http://www.villagersandheroes.com is he flagship title of Neonga.
About Mad Otter Games:
Established in 2007, Mad Otter Games takes the experience of game industry veterans and combines it with the otter's quickness and playfulness to make high quality games. From their flight simulation Ace of Aces to the currently in-production online role-playing game Villagers & Heroes http://www.villagersandheroes.com, Mad Otter is dedicated to infusing as much fun as possible into their games. Visit http://www.madottergames.com to find out more about this unique Oregon studio.