Press Contacts for Fantage:
Racheal Caswell / Nathalie Nourian
Wonacott Communications, LLC
(310) 477-2871, Ext. 662 / 674
For Immediate Release
FORT LEE, N.J. – Oct. 21, 2011 – Halloween is around the corner and Fantage.com ( Fantage), a leading virtual world for kids ages six to 16, is debuting in-game festivities to ring in the spookiest holiday of the year. Beginning today and running through Monday, Oct. 31, players can participate in seasonal mini-games, explore the freshly decked out in-game map and collect limited edition medals. Offering the lowest subscription cost among children’s virtual worlds, Fantage sets itself apart as one of the few virtual worlds that has not increased monthly membership fees since its inception.
Other new features include:
Six all-new mini-games. Classic Halloween
activities get the virtual treatment with exciting new games
- Candy Collecting – Candy is falling from the sky and players are tasked with catching as much as they can in their Halloween goodie bags
- Carve Your Pumpkin – Players can carve a virtual pumpkin into images from the Fantage universe, or print the images out to use as stencils on real pumpkins
- Ghost Be Gone – Target and click to capture the ghosts haunting trick-or-treaters
- Ghosts and Ghouls Crossing – Avoid spooky ghosts and creepy ghouls in this retro Pacman-inspired game
- Haunted Graveyard – Escape the Haunted Graveyard by collecting keys and avoiding scary monsters on the way to the exit
- Witches Broom Ride – Launch a witch through the October sky to catch candy, in progressively advancing levels
- Group game. Beginning Wednesday, Oct. 26, players who prefer team challenges can partner up with friends to play Attack of the Ghouls! by hitting all the correct action keys in order to keep ghosts and ghouls from capturing them.
- Community participation. By donating stars beginning today, gamers can have a voice and vote on the color that Jack-o-Lantern will take on Oct. 30. Observant players who pay close attention to all the Halloween changes also will have the opportunity to win prizes, such as stars, gems, stickers, accessories and a medal in the Trick-or-Treat Quiz Feature beginning on Friday, Oct. 28.
Introduced in 2008, Fantage has grown to more than 14 million users and is the recipient of many awards, including the Editor’s Choice Award from Children’s Technology Review for excellence in children’s interactive media.
For more information or to join one of the fastest-growing virtual world for kids, tweens and teens, please visit: http://fantage.com/. Review accounts are available for qualified press.
Founded in 2007 and launched the following year, Fantage.com is a next-generation destination site for children. Fantage games and adventures entertain and delight children, and promote positive social interaction in an engaging, exciting, safe environment that both kids and parents love. Fantage also provides an age-appropriate, safe social networking experience within a fun virtual world. The company is dedicated to the safety of Fantage members, and has a highly sophisticated, three-tier safety system providing the greatest level of protection of any community site for children on the web. For more information about Fantage, visit http://fantage.com.