Prague, Czech Republic, March 13 th – Keen Software House announces outcomes of GDC in San Francisco. Also, a huge new Public Build (demo) of Miner Wars 2081 is available for download!
After a week spent at the GDC in San Francisco, here are our conclusions:
- About 98% of visitors had never heard of Miner Wars before. This is great news for us, since we have already sold around 15,000 game copies and the market has barely been tapped. The potential here is huge!
- Everyone loves the idea of Descent + Elite/Freespace + Red Faction combined with a fully destructible environment!
- It seems Miner Wars is the only game in the world with a fully destructible environment; no other comparable game utilizes this feature to such an extent!
- Our team in San Francisco made some nice industry-wide contacts, which will likely result in more interest in Miner Wars in the media and among retail publishers!
Following on the heels of the Test Build (customers-only) released within the last week, we are proud to announce that today we have successfully released a brand new Public Build – a new playable demo for everyone to try!
Important new features (compared to last Public Build of January 10 th):
- Brand new inventory screen and inventory icons (weapons, ores… everything!)
- Major performance optimizations
- Rear-view camera (for looking behind your ship)
- New textures and prefabs for seven factions in the game (currently accessible from Editor God Mode)
- Harvester device, drill, and weapons now drain energy from your batteries
- HUD notifications for damage, incoming enemy, solar flare, low fuel
- Prefab and missile explosions now damage all objects nearby (area damage)
- A Solar System Map allows for easier long-distance travel
- Many new models and prefabs
- Playable prototype of first three missions!
- Enhanced visual effects with better particles and lighting
Interested? Feel free to download the latest Public Build: http://www.minerwars.com/Downloads.aspx
Can’t wait to get your hands on the game? Miner Wars 2081 is still available for 50% discount.
Buy now and get access to all currently implemented features, plus all future updates for 19.99 USD only! http://www.minerwars.com/Store/
Your Miner Wars Team
ABOUT MINER WARS
Miner Wars is a 6DOF interior and exterior space shooter played in a fully destructible environment. Miner Wars 2081 features single player, co-op, and standard multi-player modes. Miner Wars MMO is a massively multiplayer online game situated in the same game universe.
As a player, you operate an advanced mining ship in an open-world asteroid belt area. You dig extensive tunnels, harvest ore, travel the solar system, fight enemies, and discover mysterious alien secrets. Gameplay is driven by an epic story and offers a choice of single/multi-player game, cooperative, or you against everyone.
The story will introduce you to many types of missions: rescue, exploration, revenge, base defense, theft, transportation, stealth, search and destroy, pure harvesting, racing, or just flying around and destroying everything you see.
Miner Wars 2081 - Q2 2012
Miner Wars MMO – Q4 2012
ABOUT KEEN SOFTWARE HOUSE:
Keen Software House a. s. is an independent software development and publishing company focused on creating innovative video games. We are passionate gamers who love developing games, and we are committed to making the kinds of games that players crave.
NOTE TO EDITORS:
Game page: http://www.MinerWars.com/
(Feel free to use pictures, videos and texts from this site to preview the Miner Wars game)
Press contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Company web-site: http://www.KeenSWH.com/