September 20 th 2011
Ever dreamed of being a 1950s telephone switchboard operator? The glitz! The glamour! The hairstyles! The never ending stress of handling communication for an entire city!
Dream no longer, for Call Connect is here! Call Connect is a unique, fast-paced switchboard simulation and the first release from Melbourne-based indie developer Walk Through The Clock.
You'll be faced with a daunting wall of sockets and jacks with colour coded rows that represent region codes. Flashing white lights indicate incoming calls; touch and drag a red jack to the incoming call socket and the region light will flash, indicating which colour region to connect the black jack to. Drag the black jack to any free socket in that region to connect the call. When the call is over, both lights flash; tap both to disconnect. That’s Call Connect!
Sound simple? Things get more than a little hectic when you're juggling six or more calls at once! The faster you complete calls, the higher your Efficiency meter and score multiplier will go. Leave callers waiting or connect to the wrong socket and watch your Efficiency drop. When the needle hits the bottom of the meter, it’s game over.
Luckily there's also a match-pair bonus mode you can activate when things get tricky. Keep an eye out for the multi-coloured special calls needed to activate the bonus "Test" mode button; once activated, match coloured sockets to boost score and Efficiency.
Call Connect offers frenetic, high scoring gameplay and will challenge your co-ordination skills as you try to keep your board from overloading.
- Unique, addictive gameplay
- Graphics hand-crafted by a small order of game developing monks
- Music by Melbourne band Star Express
- Local leaderboards
- Hit the Feedback button and email your hopes, dreams (and opinions) directly to us, the developers. We'll be replying to every email we get and your feedback will influence future updates. Don’t hold back, we can take it.
What’s new for Version 1.1 update (out soon):
- Game Center support (Leaderboards! Achievements! Bears!* Oh my…)
- Easy Mode: Is CallConnect just a little too much to handle? Fear not budding switchboard operators, there is an Easy Mode incoming. Fewer sockets, gentler difficulty and anything else we can think of to ease you into becoming a Call Connexpert.
*Bears may not be included in update
About Walk Through The Clock
Walk Through The Clock is a two man development team motivated by a burning desire to create extraordinarily fun gameplay and a desperate need for cake. Call Connect is Walk Through The Clock’s first title and is now available for iPhone.
Developer: Walk Through The Clock
Available on the AppStore: http://itunes.apple.com/app/call-connect/id463197638?ls=1&mt=8
Date: September 20 th 2011
Youtube embed code: <iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/W1w9DGW2cUY?hl=en&fs=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen> </iframe>
Music by The Star Express: http://www.myspace.com/thestarexpress
Images and video available at: http://www.clockwalkers.com/press