This Release's Tags
Mobile, Mobile gaming, android, iOS, iPad, iPad App, iPad Games, iPhone, iPhone App, iPhone Games, iPod, ipod touch, puzzle, puzzle gaming
STOCKHOLM, Sweden - August 25, 2011
Titan is burning and its inhabitants need your help to put out the fires! One brave little Titan, Ouie, has built a giant water cannon to combat a storm of fiery asteroids sweeping the landscape. But Ouie needs your help to raise the cannon, take aim, and save his people with your mighty stream! In Sprinkle, an inventive puzzle game from Swedish mobile games developer Mediocre, players will find incredible water physics and mind-tingling puzzles to solve as they try to save the huts and villages of Titan from flaming destruction. Sprinkle is available now for $0.99 on iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad. An extended version of the game, featuring 24 extra levels, is also available on Tegra-powered Android devices for $1.99.
Using a water cannon mounted on a crane, players must make real-time adjustments to the height and angle of the spraying cannon to fight fires, move obstacles, spin wheels and activate traps in this challenging water-physics based puzzler. But squirt carefully as you will run out of water and the less water you use, the more drops you earn!
Key highlights of Sprinkle include:
• Amazing water physics – Some of the most realistic water physics ever seen on a touch device make Sprinkle an exciting and addicting puzzler.
• Brain-teasing puzzles – What starts as simply pointing and spraying to quench each fire becomes much more challenging, as players must overcome the intricacies of each puzzle before time and water run out.
• Blocks, boulders, and cogs oh my – Use the power of your water cannon to move blocks of ice and boulders of rock, spin giant cogs, and depress traps in order to reach and put out every last fire.
The inhabitants of Titan, a moon of Saturn, lived out their days peacefully in their straw hut homes – until space tourists from Earth crashed through Saturn’s rings, bringing a storm of flaming asteroids crashing down on the Titans. To combat the widespread fires threatening their homes, the Titans have built a massive water cannon. And they need you to man it!
Download Sprinkle today on the App Store and Android Market:
• iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad: http://app.sc/sprinkle-water-splashing-fire-fighting-fun
• Tegra-powered Android devices: http://market.android.com/details?id=com.mediocre.sprinkle
Check out the gameplay trailer today at www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO1lAEHW7sY. For more information please visit http://www.sprinklegame.com. You can also download the source file for the trailer at www.triplepointpr.com/dl/mediocre/Sprinkle_launch_trailer.m4v.zip (15 MB).
Join the conversation:
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/sprinklegame
• Twitter: http://twitter.com/sprinklegame
A press kit including assets can be downloaded at www.triplepointpr.com/dl/mediocre/Sprinkle_PressKit.zip (8 MB).
Mediocre Games is a newly formed independent games studio based in Sweden that focuses on creating non-violent mobile games for broad audiences. The staff at Mediocre combines for over 20 years of game and web design experience, with significant expertise in the area of physics simulation. Founded in 2011 by Dennis Gustafsson and Henrik Johansson, the studio’s first title, Sprinkle, combines fluid simulation with brain-tingling puzzles. For more information please visit http://www.mediocre.se/.