- Archlord: Arch Battle of the World will be published via WEBZEN.COM
- WEBZEN.COM introduced W Coin as the means of purchasing in-game items within its game portal
- Soul of the Ultimate Nation: World Edition and R2 will also be added within this year, en route to publishing multiple game titles a comprehensive game portal
SEOUL, South Korea -July 16, 2009- WEBZEN Inc. (NASDAQ and KOSDAQ:WZEN) ) will begin the Archlord publishing via its game portal WEBZEN.COM taking after publishing of MU Online.
WEBZEN announced that NHN GAMES' Archlord will be published, taking after its own publishing of MU Online on its way to start a comprehensive game portal on a full scale.
Archlord will be the second publishing title after MU Online. Currently, the game has been and still is in service in North America and Europe through its partner.
Archlord will be officially published/serviced for the users in South America and South East Asia beginning on this coming August.
Consequently, WEBZEN and NHN GAMES will open the teaser site (ARCHLORD.WEBZEN.COM) for Archlord on July 16th to announce its publishing at WEBZEN.COM, followed by preparation of the testing for its direct publishing service.
WEBZEN, upon revealing the Archlord teaser site, is planning on going through beta testing from August onward to finally commence its commercial services.
Also, WEBZEN has announced that it is in publishing service preparation for its own title Soul of the Ultimate Nation: World Edition as well as NHN GAMES' R2 to be hosted at WEBZEN.COM within this year.
As a note, WEBZEN's MU Online began its commercial services on the 26th of June after going through the open beta test in May. Currently, there are more than 100,000 active members who have officially registered at WEBZEN.COM.
Along with the commercial services of MU Online, WEBZEN has introduced the universal chargeable means called W Coin for the members to use within the game portal across the board. Hence, the members can use W Coin in Archlord to purchase in-game items as well as all other future game titles to be launched at WEBZEN.COM.
"In a mid to long term vision, WEBZEN.COM will continuously add premier games and eventually become a comprehensive game portal", said Chang Keun Kim, the chief executive officer of WEBZEN. He further noted, "Games such as MU Online and Archlord respectively are only the beginning of WEBZEN.COM, en route to establishing itself as a comprehensive game portal with more games added within this year for our global members from all over the world."
WEBZEN.COM is WEBZEN's game portal intended for taking a role of Global Digital Entertainment Leader with its sole objective of becoming the comprehensive game service portal for all the game players around the world.
More details on WEBZEN.COM, the comprehensive game service portal, and the global publishing of Archlord are available at WEBZEN's official website, WWW.WEBZEN.COM.
About WEBZEN Inc.
Founded in 2000 and based in Seoul, South Korea, WEBZEN Inc. (KOSDAQ and NASDAQ: WZEN) has become a leader in the MMOG market and has developed some of the world's top online game and client/server technologies. WEBZEN is continuing the tradition of MU Online, which boasts more than 56 million registered users, with Soul of the Ultimate Nation: World Edition, Huxley: the Dystopia and an array of exciting game titles slated for release in the world's game market. For more information on the company and its products, please visit WWW.WEBZEN.COM.
1) About Global MU Online
- Global MU Online server opened on October 13th, 2003
- The License Agreement signed with K2 Network in 2005 to transfer the global publishing rights.
- Global MU Online starts global service on October 21st, 2009.
- Global MU Online commenced commercial service on October 26th, 2009.
2) About Archlord
- Launched in Korea, January 2006 through NHN Inc.
- Launched in China, June 2006 through SHANDA
- Launched in Japan, October 2007 through NHN JAPAN
- Archlord will be launched in South America and South East Asia in August 2009
3) About WEBZEN.COM Service
- The portal, WWW.WEBZEN.COM opened on April 2009
- Started Global MU open beta test on May 2009
- Started Global MU commercial service on June 2009
- Archlord will start a major public beta test on August 2009
Contact Information :
Manager / Public Relation Team
+82-2-3498-1622 / +82-11-9714-5086
Assistant Manager / Public Relation Team
+82-2-3498-1617 / +82-11-9084-4888