This Release's Tags
2D, App Store, action, iOS, iPad, iPad App, iPad Games, iPhone, iPhone App, iPhone Games, iPod, ipod touch, line drawing
STOCKHOLM, Sweden - August 11, 2011
PAN Vision and Tactile Entertainment have today announced the launch of Pigs in Trees, a 2-D action air battle game, on iOS devices. A family of pigs lives blissfully in a tree top nest until noisy neighbors move in. The pigs must take to the skies to drive out their woodpecker invaders and they need your help! Using a real-time line drawing mechanic, players will engage in pig-on-woodpecker dogfights, using special powerups to down waves of different enemies. Download Pigs in Trees now on the iTunes App Store for $0.99 on iPhone and iPod Touch and $1.99 on iPad.
Highlights of Pigs in Trees include:
• Help defend the pigs' tree-top nest from an invasion of noisy, airborne woodpeckers.
• Using a simple line drawing interface, fly your pigs in planes around the map and shoot down enemy flyers.
• Draw the perfect line to stack up multiple kills and create awesome screen-filling combos.
• Enjoy both casual and intense gameplay – starting out fun and casual, the game becomes more intense and strategic as the battles go on.
• Use powerups and use different types of ammo to take down a series of different woodpecking enemies with different abilities and characteristics.
• Compare scores with friends via Apple Game Center integration to see who the best dogfighter is!
“In Pigs in Trees we have created the gameplay around one simple interaction: line-drawing. The result is a very intuitive combo mechanic that forces the player to make interesting gameplay choices. This all makes the game easy to learn yet very difficult to master, and lets you get some really crazy combos going -- taking out dozens of birds with a few well-placed lines,” said Morten Svendsen, creative director of Tactile Entertainment.
Check out the new gameplay trailer today at youtu.be/K48cZj4olbY and download Pigs in Trees for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad, available on the iTunes App Store today:
• iPhone & iPod Touch: itunes.apple.com/app/pigs-in-trees/id439855566
For more information and to view the official trailer, please visit: www.pigsintrees.com.
Join the conversation:
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/PigsInTrees
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/PigsInTrees
About PAN Vision
PAN Vision is the leading distributor and publisher of home entertainment products in Northern Europe. Their growing portfolio of games includes the highly successful franchise Backpacker, a series of travel, adventure and quiz games. The HQ is situated in Stockholm, and they have offices in all Nordic countries. PAN Vision will continue to develop and publish new games for PC, consoles and mobile phones with a focus on digital distribution and gaming for entertainment and education. For more information, please visit www.panvisiongames.com. Follow us at www.twitter.com/PANVision or like us on www.facebook.com/PANVision.
About Tactile Entertainment
Tactile Entertainment is a game studio focused on creating great gaming experiences for handheld devices, as they did with Pirates vs. Ninjas vs. Zombies vs. Pandas and Pocket Creatures. Combining creativity and technological expertise Tactile Entertainment was founded in 2009 by individuals from all across the gaming industry. Tactile Entertainment is based in Denmark, Copenhagen. For more information please visit: tactile.dk.
Andrew Karl, Senior Account Executive, TriplePoint
+1 (203) 314-6255