Haarlem, The Netherlands– 13 May 2011– Today Iceberg Interactive and game developer Gaijin Entertainment release the Wings of Prey Collector’s Edition (PC) into retail stores across the UK, Scandinavia and Benelux. The combat flight simulation pack includes both Wings of Prey and its expansion pack Wings of Luftwaffe, as well as a beautiful full-color poster featuring gorgeous artwork of dogfights and environments.
Wings of Prey is the benchmark game for those who want to immerse themselves into the large-scale aerial combat and ground military operations of World War II. Six theatres of war to engage in– The Battle of Britain, Stalingrad, Ardennes, Berlin, Sicily and Korsun, represent the main airborne battles of World War II in Europe. With an all-new damage effects engine as well as advanced environmental visuals, Wings of Prey is a stunning looking simulation, featuring hundreds of airplanes taking part in air battles - piloting fighters, battle planes and bombers across a range of thrilling missions. In the included add on Wings of Luftwaffe, the player takes the role of a German pilot and participates in the explosive battles with German planes.
Pre-orders in the Iceberg Webshop ( http://www.iceberg-shop.com/wings-of-prey-ce.html) have all been shipped out last week.The German localized version of Wings of Prey Collector’s Edition is scheduled to land into retail stores on 20 May 2011.
What the press is saying:
• “ Wings of Prey would stand out even if the sim field were considerably more crowded.”– IGN– 83%
• “A game that flies high.”– PC Format– 82%
• “ Wings of Prey is a perfect blend of game and simulation”– PC Pilot Magazine– 95%
• “A rare sim triumph.”– PC Gamer– 78%
• “ Wings of Luftwaffe refreshes the parts other sims just cannot reach”– GamesMediaPro– 10/10
Wings of Prey Collector’s Edition Features
• Cutting edge graphics with highly detailed visuals bring the epic World War II air battles to life.
• 60 Missions with famous historical battles over Eastern and Western Europe. Fight it out as an English or German pilot.
• Historically accurate aircrafts: Experience close to 50 planes including fighters, battle planes and bombers. Learn to master Spitfire, Mustang, Messerschmitt, Juncker and many more. This Collector’s Edition adds the P-40E.
• Realistic simulation or arcade mode; the flexible difficulty level system will suit every type of player. Support of 6-DOF TrackIR, TripleHead2Go, Saitek and Thrustmaster joysticks, mouse and voice headsets
• Thrilling multiplayer: 4 game modes to choose including co-operative mode; VoIP, lobby game system, leader boards, friends lists, join-in-progress and host migration features provide a great experience
• Realistic sound effects and original music from Jeremy Soule.
• Skin tools and skin packs
For more information about Wings of Prey Collector’s Edition please visit our gamepage ( http://www.iceberg-shop.com/wings-of-prey-ce.html).
About Gaijin Entertainment
Gaijin Entertainment is a fast growing game development company established in 2002. Gaijin team specializes in creation of games for various platforms but it also gives much attention to technology-related research work which provides attraction and applicability to the company's solutions in changeable IT market conditions. At the moment Gaijin team is represented by six departments and over sixty highly qualified employees. The company's projects have received a range of mass media and game industry awards including various KRI Awards and many more.
About Iceberg Interactive
Iceberg Interactive ( www.iceberg-interactive.com) is an independent videogame publisher founded by an international group of games industry veterans, that recognises quality games and their audiences. With key offices in the UK, Germany and The Netherlands, Iceberg has both a firm footing in, and a firm eye on, the vibrant European games market. We know where the market is headed and we adapt. We have partners everywhere. Hence why Iceberg is a great destination for PC game developers looking to bring their products to market, bricks and mortar or digital. Iceberg is currently among the market leaders for the following PC game genres: simulators, adventure, strategy and MMO/action games. Don't just play, play it cool!