For immediate release:
Icehole Games is happy to announce the completion of their new game, "World Basketball Manager 2009", which is the latest addition in their successful series of WBM games.
World Basketball Manager (WBM) is a basketball strategy game. It uses the same game-play principles as most soccer management games do and covers all basketball action around the world with 89 national and international tournaments, 852 teams, 10.000 basketball players and 1.000 managers.
WBM has been around since 2003 with a new edition every year and has managed to earn a place in the market as one of the most highly acclaimed games of its genre. The accurate representation of the basketball world forces the players to make the same decisions and face the same problems as their real life counterparts. It deals not only with the sport aspect of the game, but also with financial, managerial, administrative, training, psychological and PR situations that arise in the everyday life of a basketball manager.
Undoubtedly the biggest success of WBM is the real time match engine that produces realistic results and accurate match statistics, using a genetic algorithm for the A. I.
Another huge plus of the game is the big network of researchers that help in data and tournament updates.
All of the above helped WBM establish itself in the minds and hearts of basketball and sports sims enthusiasts over the past few years, with an already impressive and ever growing community supporting the game.
WBM 2009 is here to expand the series with impressive new features and improvements that include:
- Better control in your career and club economics using the ability to make demands to the Administration.
- Improved match algorithm.
- Improved interface.
- Short keys make navigation easier.
- New code makes daily update 27% faster.
- Financial bonus for managers that "build" teams.
- Cohesion bonus for teams with many nativeplayers.
- Improved transfers algorithms so that clubs buy more players under contract and less free agents. This will help you sell more players.
- Ability to arrange friendly matches.
- Better fouls balance.
- Ability to cancel timeouts.
- 22 new tournaments raise the total number to 89.
- All major tournament formats have been updated.
- Available in 10 languages: English, French, Italian, German, Greek, Lithuanian, Portuguese, Serbian, Spanish and Turkish.
- The most detailed data research so far.
- Windows Vista 64 support.
- Updated Data Editor.
- Ability to change skins.
- Ability to select news breaks in daily update.
About the developers:
Icehole undertook this project, aiming at developing the basketball coaching career game that all of basketball fans have been wishing for. The scope of the project is to include all major tournaments in the world (currently 89 and growing), accurate data for tournament rules-teams-players-managers, non-linear match algorithms and attention to detail which we hope the users will notice and enjoy.
Icehole was founded in 2000 in Athens Greece. The goal of the company is to develop unique strategy games for the PC users. Apart from WBM series, the company's portfolio includes titles like "Us&Them - Cold War", "1821" and "Select Quiz".
In Greece and Cyprus the game will be released by Centric Multimedia www.centric.gr , while the developers are looking for publishers worldwide.
NOTE TO EDITORS: Please, let us know if you have any questions or would like any additional information on "World Basketball Manager 2009". Contact Thanasis Triantafillou at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. A trial version is available upon request to all editors considering a review.