NEW YORK– May 19, 2010– Paradox Interactive and AGEOD are proud to announce the release today of their strategy title World War One Gold Edition, the latest edition from Indie studio SEP WW1. Covering all of the key historical moments and major battles of the Great War which devastated Europe from 1914 to 1918, World War One Gold Edition will be available for download at all major digital download portals.
View the release trailer here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GlgTMC4oPY
New WW1 Gold Features:
· A new north-south-oriented map with a more vibrant look, including new graphic elements for submarine warfare
· Battle Logs to read up on battles and an Army Roster to find out force composition
· Stack, Army, and Fleet management window- New 1915 scenario that includes all theaters
· War Plan and Diplomat management window now allows for administration of all leader powers in a single place.
Gold Edition Improvements:
· Most event popups can now be browsed more easily, with the ability to quickly center the map on related areas
· WW1 Configuration Tool allows selection of either the new Gold map or old map mode
· Map interface has been improved in key areas to allow for quick access to important information
· Many AI improvements have been introduced, making the game much more challenging
· Includes all player-created fixes since 2008, improving gameplay and experience; also, all previous changes since launch are included in both versions
· Played in alternating phases of issuing orders followed by simultaneous execution, with an original three-mode turn-base resolution
· A large selection of Scenarios (10) and Campaigns (5)
· Eight playable major nations; dozens of different troops, planes, and ships; hundreds of military, economic, political, and technological events. Over 200 historical leaders with unique abilities- An original diplomatic system featuring ambassadors to send all over the world to alter the balance of power between the Entente (i.e. Allies) and the Central Powers- Organize armies, manage supply, produce munitions, recruits, and new weapons. Use sea and rail moves, and put the best leaders in command, if politics allow. Sustain your nation’s will to fight!
· Break the trench warfare deadlock by pursuing technological research or fighting the economic blockade
· Play secret stratagems to influence the course of events with famous characters like Lawrence of Arabia, Mata Hari, Lenin, or the Red Baron
· Multiple paths to victory: it can be military or political, as national will, population morale and parliament all play a crucial role
· Playable via LAN or over the Internet in multiplayer mode for up to 4 players
Existing World War players will be able to purchase an upgrade package to gain access to the new additions and improvements. For more information about World War 1 please visit www.paradoxplaza.com
About Paradox Interactive
Since 1999, Paradox Interactive has been a leading global developer and publisher of PC-based strategy games. World-renowned for its strategy catalog, the company holds a particularly strong presence in the United States and Europe. Its steadily-growing portfolio includes originally developed titles such as the critically acclaimed Europa Universalis and the Hearts of Iron franchises, as well as publishing titles such as the Elven Legacy series, Mount&Blade and Majesty 2. Paradox stands poised to make an explosive entry onto consoles during 2010 with the release of Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West. For more information, please visit www.paradoxplaza.com and follow @pdxinteractive on twitter.
Review copies will be automatically added via Paradox's digital press accounts at GamersGate. If you would like to set up an account, have any questions or are interested in our games, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org