Worlds of Magic has gathered more than 30% of the pledges it needs in less than a week. The new 4X strategy game is on its way to become the spiritual successor to Master of Magic.
At the time 583 backers have pledged more than 9.800 GBP of the 30.000 GBP needed to fund the project successfully. We are pleased to announce two of the early stretch goals, which will enhance Worlds of Magic once the basic funding is complete.
Our first stretch goal will consist of a 7th faction , with its own units, buildings and features, which will be featured with the 35.000 GBP (41.219 €, 53.278 $). The community will help us to design that new faction, taking part in the whole process. The second stretch goal will be the addition of 20 more roaming creatures , once passed 40.000 GBP (51.702 €, 60.890 $) milestone.
What is been said about Worlds of Magic?
"Master of Magic lives again in Worlds of Magic" – Destructoid.com
"Worlds of Magic: Master of Magic Spiritual Successor Aspirant" - SpaceSector.com
I pressed "pledge" when I heard MoM being mentioned – Nice backer
We also want to take the opportunity to thank all the editors, journalists, writers and bloggers who are helping us make Worlds of Magic a reality. The team is working hard and soon enough we will be ready to release more and more footage from Worlds of Magic .
More about Worlds of Magic
The world of Elannra was a land of beauty and enchantment, where the wise and powerful used magic to lift themselves to the heavens, seeking to become gods. It was their arrogance that destroyed the world; ripped its fabric apart at the very seams. The War of Ascension consumed it. And so they fled. Gateways were opened to new worlds, to new lands ripe for conquest. The Sorcerer lords of Elannra plunged through these portals taking their servants with them, intending to wage their immortal wars across the planes themselves.
But the magic of these worlds was different, it was not the open flowing source of Elannra. The Sorcerer lords had to begin again and learn the ways of these new magics. With their learning came power and with power conquest. Only victory will end this war. Only one Sorcerer can reign supreme!
· Master of Magic Spiritual Successor - After waiting more than a decade for a true MoM successor, we decided to create one.
· D20 System - Units, Spells, and Heroes will all draw from the D20 rule set during tactical battles.
· 4X deep playability -Explore, exploit, expand and exterminate in a world of magic, diplomacy, and war.
· Hero Units - Recruit powerful, artifact wielding heroes to lead your forces into battle.
· Twelve Spell Circles - Focus on depth in a single school, or gain the ability to cast incredibly diverse spells.
· Unique Races - Each race features exclusive units and also play differently allowing players to choose a faction based on their play style.
· Settle Powerful Cities – Construct buildings, raise crops, and control production in order to create and support powerful armies.
· Multiple victory conditions - War is not the only way to conquer the world; make treaties, establish trade routes or use peace as a tool for domination.
· Procedurally generated universe – Each game can be different. The entire universe is created procedurally using a seed that can be random or specified by the player.
· Planes of existence - Explore and conquer seven different planes of existence, and find new creatures and lands for expansion in these unexplored and misterious realms.
· Multilanguage - English, Polish, and Spanish confirmed versions. More languages to confirm soon.
Worlds of Magic in numbers;
6 factions to control, 80 military units (8 for each faction, plus over 30 roaming creatures), 300 marvelous spells, 12 spell circles, 7 planes, 10 leaders and a minimum of 45 special units: 25 Heroes, 15 Champions and 5 Titans. And the most important: countless hours of spellbinding strategic playability.
Links and additional info
About the teams
Wastelands Interactive is an independent game developer located in Poland, albeit many of the team members are spread through all around the world. Since its inception in 2006 its focus has been the production of strategic and tactical war games that combine depth of play with accessibility. Over the past few years its titles have enjoyed increasing popularity within the Wargamers community.
Lucid Dreamers is a relative newcomer to the field and was founded in early 2012. Aaron Ethridge, the company's lead developer and founder has more than a decade of professional experience and has coded everything from Linux based server applications to Windows based client software. In starting the company, he joined his extensive programming experience with his passion for gaming.