Friday 31 May, 2013
- Interactive magazine lands on Apple’s Newsstand free of charge
Xbox360: The Official Xbox Magazine (OXM), the UK’s biggest-selling games magazine, has unveiled the first digital magazine on Apple’s Newsstand with an in-depth look at the new console.
Built using Future’s FutureFolio app-creation software, Xbox One: The Complete Guide is fully interactive and available for use on iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. Based on exclusive access to Microsoft and the expertise of the OXM team, it is the essential guide to Microsoft’s new console and features in-depth previews of the most exciting new games.
The Xbox One was revealed at an exclusive event at Microsoft’s campus in Redmond, Washington last week, is the successor to the Xbox 360 and the third console in the Xbox family. More features are expected to be announced at the E3 conference in June.
Jon Hicks, Editor of Xbox 360: The Official Xbox Magazine says: “Xbox One is huge news for our audience, and Microsoft gave us unprecedented access to the console and the team behind it. I’m delighted we can give our readers an early look ahead of our E3 coverage in issue 100.”
Richard Keith, Publisher of Xbox 360: The Official Xbox Magazine, adds: “The Xbox One announcement has caused a huge amount of heated discussion. Xbox One: The Complete Guide pulls together all the various strands and lets you know clearly what the next generation Xbox will actually do. This is something only the OXM team with its amazing access and insight can do.”
With over 70 titles available to purchase on Apple’s Newsstand, Future is a world leader in tablet publishing and has more digital editions available for iPads and iPhones than any other publisher.
FutureFolio powers the majority of parent-company Future’s portfolio of more than 100 tablet brands, including highly interactive editions like Total Film, Edge, MacFormat and MacLife. Future has also launched a range of successful pure-play tablet editions including CyclingNews HD, Gathered by Mollie Makes, Photography Week, and, most recently, Football Week.
Xbox One: The Complete Guide is available to download from Apple’s Newsstand free of charge. Search for "Official Xbox" in the App Store: http://goo.gl/6t1BK
About Future plc:
· Future plc is an international media group and leading digital publisher, listed on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: FUTR).
· We have operations in the UK, US and Australia creating 200 publications, apps, websites and events.
· We hold market-leading positions in Technology, Entertainment, Guitar, Creative, Sport and Auto sectors.
· We deliver over 100 digital editions, and have sold over three million products powered by our own app-creation software, FutureFolio.
· Future exports or syndicates over 200 publications to over 90 countries, making us the UK’s number one exporter and licensor of magazine content.
· Future is currently Consumer Digital Publisher of the Year for both the Association of Online Publishers and the Professional Publishers Association. Future was also named Media Company of the Year at the 2013 British Media Awards.