LONDON, 10th June 2008– Xplosiv, a wholly owned subsidiary of Silverstar holdings (NASDAQ: SSTR), has today announced that the latest instalment of its best selling cricket management franchise, International Cricket Captain 2008 will release on 27th June 2008. International Cricket Captain 2008 is the most realistic and in-depth cricket management game to date. With a complete statistical update, a remodelled game engine and a vastly enhanced and re-designed interface and the most up to date statistics available, International Cricket 2008 is set to reclaim its place amongst the sports management elite.
Monty Panesar, Northamptonshire and England’s leading spin bowler said“International Cricket Captain 2008 has everything a cricket fan could possibly want.” James Spice, Empire Interactive VP of Marketing added,“Monty Panesar is one of the hottest talents in world cricket today and a legend among the England fans. We’re delighted to be working with him on what is the most spectacular version of International Cricket Captain to date.”
International Cricket Captain 2008 is set to be the world’s #1 cricket management game for cricket fans of all ages. Gamers can manage all aspects of their team’s progress from transfers, team selection and training to detailed match tactics on the road to ultimate cricketing glory! International Cricket Captain 2008 will launch on 27th June 2008 and will be available exclusively for PC.
“We've redesigned the fielding engine with a new range of features, each modelled on thousands of real matches which has helped us to produce our most accurate simulation yet,.” Commented Chris Child, CEO Childish Things,“The interface has been overhauled to incorporate the ball-tracker as a central feature and give the game a more intuitive and relaxing feel.”
Gamers can now manage all aspects of their team’s progress from transfers, team selection and training to detailed match tactics on the road to ultimate cricketing glory! International Cricket Captain 2008 will launch on 27th June 2008 and will be available exclusively for PC.
International Cricket Captain 2008 is the most realistic and in-depth cricket management game to date. Take charge of a domestic or international team and experience the highs and lows of cricket management on the road to ultimate glory. With a complete statistical update and brand new features, this edition raises the benchmark for cricket management simulation.
Complete statistical update
• Complete player database containing every player currently playing first class or List-A limited overs cricket from around the world. (Over 3000 players).
• Comprehensive domestic and international fixtures for 2008 and all future scheduled fixtures.
• Accurate and up to date rules reflecting the latest regulations.
More game play options&features
• More game play options with NEW coaching and player development attributes.
• NEW youth player options, develop and select youth players in your first team squad.
• NEW and improved match screen, including an all-new integrated ball-tracker and statistics window.
• Improved 3D game highlights with an extensive range of NEW diving and slip catch animations.
• Re-balanced game engine with accurate match simulation.
• Optimised game engine speeds up game play.
• Improved new player generation keeps the game realistic for over 100 years.
• Track your bowler's performance with realistic ball dynamics accurately simulating bowling speeds, spin and swing.
• Full range of over 60 classic strokes and aggressive slogs covering classic shots such as; defence, sweeps, drives, cuts, hooks and more.
• Online play: challenge players from all over the world using your own team and score rating points in our online league.
• Two player: Play against a friend with your choice of teams in a test or one-day series.
• Includes tips and advice for novices and managers of all levels.
• Real-time updates as play progresses.
• Commentary from Test Match Special's Jonathan (Aggers) Agnew.
• County&International Career: captain both the county team and international team of your choice from the start of the game.
• Exhibition Match: go straight into a one off match with two international teams in either Twenty20 or a One Day International (ODI) match.
• Match Series: create a Test or One Day series of your choice with any two international teams.
• World Cup Series: replay the 2007 World Cup tournament in the West Indies.
• Play against a friend or challenge 1000's of teams online for ultimate cricketing glory.
- ends -
For more details on the new features or information about the forthcoming launch of International Cricket Captain 2008, please contact:
T. +44 (0) 208 343 7337 (ext. 208)
About Empire Interactive:
Empire Interactive is a leading publisher of interactive entertainment software that has been established for 19 years. Headquartered in the UK, Empire Interactive also has offices in the US, Germany, France, Spain and Italy. The company develops and publishes a varied range of titles for all current platforms in the US, Europe and Asia. Games such as Starsky&Hutch, Big Mutha Truckers, Ford Racing and FlatOut have all enjoyed success across the world. Its budget label, Xplosiv, is one of the fastest growing in Europe. Further information about Empire Interactive and its products can be found at www.empireinteractive.com.
About Silverstar Holdings:
Silverstar Holdings Ltd. is a publicly traded company (NASDAQ: SSTR), focusing on acquiring controlling positions in high-growth retail-driven and fee-based electronic game businesses that stand to benefit from the economies of scale generated by the Internet and other technology-related platforms. It currently owns Empire Interactive, PLC and Strategy First, Inc., a leading development and worldwide publisher of entertainment software for the PC.