505 Games today announced an agreement with the hugely popular and uber-cool YO! Sushi to offer its diners the opportunity to play Cooking Mama 2 for free through DS consoles placed on the restaurant chain’s iconic conveyor belts - or kaiten, as they are known in Japan.
The sushi restaurant sampling campaign, a games industry first, will see free DS consoles preloaded with Cooking Mama 2 being offered to YO! Sushi customers for the duration of their meal in the Farringdon Road and Poland Street restaurants in London from Monday 14th April, with many more of the chain’s 30 UK restaurants following suit over the coming months.
Cooking Mama 2 is the recently released sequel to the best-selling cooking simulation game Cooking Mama, and promises more culinary fun and even tastier gameplay as players chop, slice, dice, fry, grate, mash, mix, peel and roll ingredients using the DS stylus. Multiplayer gameplay ensures budding sushi chefs can challenge each other wirelessly over the restaurant floor and blowing on the in-built DS microphone will even cool a hot dish down!
“We’re overwhelmed with YO! Sushi’s enthusiasm and support for our Cooking Mama 2 campaign,” commented Ian Howe, Managing Director, 505 Games.“The YO! Sushi brand is colourful, cool, fun and essentially Japanese, which are all values shared with our Tokyo-developed Cooking Mama series. This is going to be an exciting and creative campaign and we’re looking forward to getting some great feedback from family sushi diners across the UK.”
Furthermore, My Ly, Marketing Manager for YO! Sushi adds“As well as offering delicious and healthy Japanese inspired dishes, we are always looking to provide something extra for our customers - and this is a perfect way in adding value to their dining experience. We are delighted to be working with Cooking Mama on this exciting and innovative promotion.”
Cooking Mama is an original and fun title that boasts immediate‘pick up and play’ kitchen action, to ensure that players of any age or skill level are able to enjoy its wholesome wholemeal gameplay. Over one million Nintendo DS and Wii copies of the original game have shipped to-date, making it the biggest selling third party DS title ever released, and Cooking Mama 2 looks all set to break that record over 2008.
As part of the campaign, 505 Games will also be offering YO! Sushi customers the opportunity to win DS and Wii consoles and copies of Cooking Mama 2.
Cooking Mama 2 is available to play for free in the Poland Street and Farringdon Road YO! Sushi restaurants from Monday 14th April.
About 505 Games
505 Games, headquartered in Milton Keynes is dedicated to the publishing and international distribution of full price, mid-range and budget computer and videogames in EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) markets and Australia. The current portfolio includes the best selling games Cooking Mama, ArmA: Armed Assault, Bust-a-Move and Armored Core and coversall gaming platforms, including next generation consoles like Sony PlayStation® 3, Nintendo Wii™ and Microsoft Xbox 360™. For More information on 505 Games and its products please visit www.505games.co.uk
About YO! Sushi:
· YO! Sushi’s first restaurant, Poland Street, opened in 1997
· YO! Sushi currently has 30 UK and 11 international restaurants
· UK restaurants located in: London (Angel, Brent Cross, County Hall, Gatwick North, Farringdon, Finchley Road, Fulham Broadway, Harrods 102, Harvey Nichols, Haymarket, Heathrow T3, House of Fraser Croydon, myhotel Bloomsbury, Paddington, Russell Square, Sedley Place, Selfridges, Soho, St Paul’s, Trocadero, Victoria Station and Whiteleys), Birmingham (Selfridges), Bluewater, Brighton, Glasgow (Silverburn), Leeds (Harvey Nichols), Manchester (Selfridges Exchange Square and Selfridges Trafford Centre), Newcastle (Fenwick) and Nottingham
· Overseas restaurants located in: Ireland (2), Russia (1), Malaysia (3) and Middle East (5)
· Average number of UK covers per year: 3 million
· Average spend per head:£13.50
· No. of UK staff: 1000