Chicago - Dec. 9, 2008
Witness the first ever sneak preview video footage for Evasive Space, a new space adventure title for WiiWare™ published by YUKE’S Company of America and developed by High Voltage Software. The new video shows a preview of what’s to come, including a peek at how you’ll navigate your ship using the infrared capabilities of the Wii Remote™. Pilot Konki through various intergalactic terrains and obstacles in a race against time to restore stars to the universe.
In addition to the preview video footage, new screenshots have also been released providing a glimpse at Act 3 and the final Act 4, as well as booster items that will help Konki survive and ultimately save the universe. The following provides a deeper look into the items and worlds found within Evasive Space…
• Energy Cells: Armor for your ship
• Constellation Stone: Progress requirement on various levels
• Diode: Upgrade for various increases in ship functionality
• Chronosphere: Add time to objective clock
• Spacemen: Stranded spacemen need saving in various missions
Act 3: Ice World
• Scene 1: BoboSmack’s Ice Cave of Delights– Timed run through a difficult maze
• Scene 2: Dorian’s Belt– Use tethering to save stranded ships while avoiding black holes and space junk
• Scene 3: Hoshi’s Corona– Collect energy cells while trying to stay alive!
• Scene 4: Alarra Station– Activate door switches while avoiding magnets, radars/towers that affect your ship’s controls, and mines
• Scene 5: BoboSmack’s Ice Cave of Delights Part 2– Collect 20 energy cells in a timed run through the Ice Cave
Act 4: Plasma World
• Scene 1: The Nimbus of Suh’godin– Tether and tow 10 stranded ships to repair stations while navigating a rotating map
• Scene 2: The Swedarian Field– Navigate through giant asteroid crushers to pick up energy cells
• Scene 3: The Yo’rel– Dive deep into the belly’s of a ship to find a Constellation Stone, then escape once found
• Scene 4: Lucien’s Annulate– Locate and return spacemen to the safety of their ship
• Scene 5: Dr. Dark Matter’s Super Dangerous Space Laboratory– Make your way to the center of the laboratory in your final mission…
A full video trailer is on the way together with some final details about the gameplay, so stay tuned for another announcement in the near future!
Evasive Space will be released in January of 2009, downloadable for 1,000 Wii Points™, and has been rated“E” for Everyone with Mild Fantasy Violence by the ESRB.
About Evasive Space
Creatively integrating the Wii Remote’s infrared pointer, you’ll be guiding Konki on timed and collection based missions through 20 stages of varying mazes and obstacles in five different environments, spanning treacherous terrains including asteroid belts, planetary rings, astro-caves, and large space stations. Hazards surround your every move - enemy fire, asteroids, black holes, tight corridors - while ship upgrades tempt you at every turn. Fly solo to find and restore the missing stars to the sky, or compete with up to three of your friends in local multiplayer matches that will determine which pilot has the quickest and skilled navigation abilities…
About YUKE'S Company of America
A wholly-owned subsidiary of YUKE'S Company Limited, YUKE'S Company of America is a leading video game publisher headquartered in Roselle, Illinois. The company is a fully licensed publisher and developer for Sony Computer Entertainment of America, Nintendo of America Inc., and Microsoft, with past releases including Neverland Card Battles for the Sony PlayStation® Portable, Double D Dodgeball on Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, NEVES for the Nintendo DS™, and D1 GRAND PRIX for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system. For more information on YUKE'S Company of America, please visit: http://www.yukes.us
About High Voltage Software
High Voltage Software, Inc. is an award-winning studio that has been developing games and simulations for over 15 years. Located in Hoffman Estates, Illinois, they now employ over 140 staff members. The independent company has successfully produced a wide variety of license-based video game titles that include competitive racing, professional sports, horror, motion picture adaptations, and military simulations, and is now making its foray into original and innovative intellectual properties. More information about High Voltage Software and their products can be found at www.high-voltage.com.
Quinn Wageman, Account Executive, TriplePoint
Nate Fitt, Marketing Manager, YUKE'S Company of America