Los Angeles, CA – August 8, 2012 – Zen Studios, the definitive leader in videogame pinball, is pleased to announce that Zen Pinball 2 for the PlayStation®3 system and PlayStation®Vita system will release on September 4, 2012 via PlayStation®Network.
Additionally, a brand new table based on one of PopCap Games’ mega hits will accompany the release of Zen Pinball 2 as downloadable content. This mystery table will be fully revealed later this month at PAX Prime, and playable in the PopCap PAX booth. The table will also release on Xbox LIVE® Arcade for Pinball FX2 ™ on September 5, 2012.
Zen Pinball 2 features an abundance of exciting new features and updates. Best of all, Zen Pinball 2 is a free update for existing Zen Pinball and Marvel Pinball owners, while new users can download the pinball platform and try every pinball table for free before deciding to purchase.
Additionally, players will enjoy cross-platform entitlement and any Zen Pinball 2 purchase will entitle players to both the PS3 and PS®Vita versions at no additional charge.
Zen Pinball 2 Key Features:
- PlayStation®3 system and PlayStation®Vita system cross-platform entitlement including shared global leaderboards, online friend challenges and tournaments
- Zen Pinball 2 will launch with twenty-six tables!
- The most advanced ball physics simulation to date
- Compete against other players to achieve the highest ProScore™, and team up with your friends to increase your TeamScore™
- Exceptional visuals in full 3D on 3D compatible TV sets
- Free, fully playable demos for all available tables
- Exciting multiplayer modes, including local split-screen and hotseat multiplayer, online, and worldwide tournaments
- New tables released regularly through the PlayStation®Store
- Share your scores on Facebook
- New rule sheet format to help you achieve higher scores
- New trophies for each table
About PopCap Games
PopCap Games is the leading global developer, publisher and operator of casual video games: fun, easy-to-learn, captivating games that appeal to all ages across PC, mobile, social and other platforms. Based in Seattle, Washington, PopCap was founded in 2000, was acquired by Electronic Arts in 2011, and has a worldwide staff of more than 600 people in Seattle, San Francisco, Vancouver, B.C., Dublin, Seoul, Shanghai and Tokyo. PopCap's games have been downloaded over 1.5 billion times by consumers worldwide, and its flagship franchise, Bejeweled®, has sold more than 50 million units.
About Zen Studios
Zen Studios is a global producer and digital publisher of interactive entertainment software for all leading game platforms including Microsoft Xbox 360®, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, PlayStation®Vita system, Nintendo DS™, Nintendo 3DS™, Wii™, App®Store, Mac®Store and Android Marketplace™. The company is headquartered in Budapest, Hungary with offices in North America. Zen Studios has worked with some of the largest intellectual properties in the videogame industry, including Capcom’s Street Fighter, Tecmo’s Ninja Gaiden, Marvel Entertainment and PopCap Games. Zen’s Pinball FX2 franchise on Xbox LIVE® Arcade is one of the most popular titles on the platform, has garnered numerous awards, and was named the best selling game of 2011. For more information about Zen Studios, please visit www.zenstudios.com.