This trade spotlight looks at Dark, a stealth title from Kalypso Media that sees players take on the role of a vampire.
We detail the in-game features, online offers and marketing plan for the game.
Kaylpso Media UK's head of marketing and PR Mark Allen also tells MCV why Dark is not 'just another love story with sparkly vampires'.
Dark is released on July 5th.
- Kalypso Media’s Dark blends stealth, action and RPG gameplay in a game which puts players in the shoes of the deadly Eric Bane, a newly-turned vampire.
- Gamers will have to stalk enemies and take them out with supernatural abilities including hypnosis, invisibility and the enemy- revealing vampire vision.
- After slaying enemies, players earn feed points that can be spent on upgrading special skills.
- The curative benefits of drinking the blood of bad guys is also explored in the game, giving consumers a health boost whenever they turn blood-sucker.
- Players will come up against enemies ranging from police to other powerful vamps in a series of cel- shaded environments including castles, museums and nightclubs.
If customers pre order Dark they will receive a code to download a ‘digital goodie bag’ containing a digital strategy guide, wallpapers, the main theme song plus remix and a digital poster.
This isn't yet another love story with sparkly vampires. Dark immerses you in a world full of blood and darkness in which the hunter can become the hunted at any time. The mix of stealth action and vampires is
something that gamers can buy into and there isn’t anything like this on the horizon so it offers something unique. Dark takes inspiration from some classic stealth titles such as the Splinter Cell and Thief games and introduces them into a near future world of vampires, blood and conspiracy.
The pre-launch pre-order campaign for Dark is running across key specialist gaming print and online media. Kalypso is also using an ad campaign across PC and Xbox media outlets, which includes site roadblocks, take-overs and re-skins.