This trade spotlight looks at Deadpool.
We detail the in-game features and in-store extras for the game as well as brief history of the Deadpool character.
Deadpool is released on June 28th.
- This third-person action shooter puts players in the skin-tight suit of Deadpool, Marvel’s fourth wall- breaking creation.
- The tongue-in-cheek, self referential style of the comic books will be translated into the game as Deadpool makes regular asides to camera.
- Players will have his entire arsenal at their desposal, including katanas, guns, explosive and, er, duct tape – plus melee moves including blocks, nut-kicks and decapitations.
- The story, written by former Deadpool writer Daniel Way, follows the title character as he accepts a mission to assassinate a corrupt media mogul.
- Fans will also encounter other Marvel comic-book characters including Domino, Wolverine, Cable, Psylocke, Red Hulk and Mister Sinister.
Alongside the game, retailers can stock a range of comics starring Deadpool including volume collections and stand-alone issue Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe. There are also collectible figures available.
Deadpool first appeared in Marvel comic New Mutants in 1991, and proved to be so popular he made appearances in other comics, before getting his own series in 1997.
The character did briefly appear in 2009 flick X-Men Origins: Wolverine, played by Ryan Reynolds (pictured) – although he was very different to the comic version.
His character has become a cult favourite in the Marvel universe and there is talk of a Deadpool movie in the works.