Activision’s Call of Duty: Black Ops II is once again at the top of the GfK Chart-Track All Formats Top 40.
It’s the game’s seventh No.1 and the first following its six-week run at the tail end of 2012. It also managed the rare feat of growing sales week-on-week – by 20 per cent in this instance.
Elsewhere the chart is largely stagnant, although some pricing activity on Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed III sees its sales jump 71 per cent and the game itself climb five places to fifth.
Other discounted climbers include LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (11th), Halo 4 (13th), Max Payne 3 (35th) and The Sims 3 (39th), the latter of which was undoubtedly helped by chart debutant The Sims 3: 70s 80s 90s Stuff in 36th.
Here’s the UK Top 20 for the week ending January 26th:
1. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Activision)
2. FIFA 13 (EA)
3. Far Cry 3 (Ubisoft)
4. DMC: Devil May Cry (Capcom)
5. Assassin’s Creed III (Ubisoft)
6. Need for Speed: Most Wanted (EA)
7. Just Dance 4 (Ubisoft)
8. Football Manager 2013 (Sega)
9. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
10. Hitman Absolution (Square Enix)
11. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner)
12. LEGO The Lord of the Rings (Warner)
13. Halo 4 (Microsoft)
14. Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed (Sega)
15. Skylanders Giants (Activision)
16. WWE ’13 (THQ)
17. Dishonored (Bethesda)
18. Forza Motorsport 4 (Microsoft)
19. Forza Horizon (Microsoft)
20. Borderlands 2 (2K Games)