Highly anticipated historical stealth adventure Assassin’s Creed has knocked reigning chart topper Call of Duty 4 from the top of the ChartTrack All Formats Top 40, with the Xbox 360 version leading the way claiming 67 per cent of the title’s total sales.
Activision’s FPS drops to number two following a 33 per cent drop in sales, one spot ahead of EA’s consistent performer The Simpsons Game. THQ’s WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008 drops two places to number four, whilst Nintendo’s critically applauded Wii outing Super Mario Galaxy debuts in fifth spot, becoming the fastest ever selling Wii game in the process.
Other new entries in the Top 40 include EA’s PC shooter Crysis in 14th and Mindscape’s Deal of No Deal at number 19. There was also a strong performance from Disney’s SingStar outing High School Musical: Sing It which enjoys a sales increase of 170 per cent and climb from 12th to eighth.
The ChartTrack Top 10 in full:
1. Assassin’s Creed (Ubisoft)
2. Call of Duty 4 (Activision)
3. The Simpsons Game (EA)
4. WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008 (THQ)
5. Super Mario Galaxy (Nintendo)
6. Dr Kawashima’s Brain Training (Nintendo)
7. FIFA 08 (EA)
8. High School Musical: Sing It (Disney)
9. Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (Konami)
10. More Brain Training from Dr Kawashima (Nintendo)